Office of Curriculum
The Office of Curriculum is charged with oversight, implementation and management of the curriculum of the School of Medicine. The Office provides administrative support to faculty and student committees that determine curricular design and content, and assessment methodology. The Office, though the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, ensures that the School of Medicine meets or exceeds standards for accreditation by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). The Office also houses the Information Technology division of the School of Medicine, which implements educational technology programs that promote a more effective learning environment.
The specific goals of the Office of Curriculum are to:
- Maintain the highest educational standards for the design, delivery, and evaluation of the curriculum
- Update the Educational Policy Committee on Association of American Medical College, LCME, and other national standards for undergraduate medical education and ensure alignment of the curriculum with these standards
- Implement educational policies and curricular initiatives established by curriculum committees in the school
- Maintain a centralized curriculum management system and website to facilitate curriculum management, evaluation, and scholarship in medical education
- Provide administrative and operational staff support, data, and reports to the Educational Policy Committee with respect to evaluation and outcomes for learning and teaching in courses and clerkships
- Provide administrative support for regular reviews of the curriculum
- Report regularly to the Educational Policy Committee, the Dean, course and clerkship directors, faculty, and students on issues and needs related to educational policy and curriculum
TTUHSC School of Medicine
Office of Curriculum - Mail Stop 8326
3601 4th St.
Lubbock, Texas 79430
(806) 743-5669 FAX