- Medical Director
- Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2007-Present
- Medical Director, University Medical Center Lubbock, TX 2002-Present
- Chairman, University Medical Center Lubbock, TX 2001-Present
- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 1996-2007
- Associate Professor, Radiology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 1996-2002
Post Doctoral Education:
- Fellow: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1995
- Fellow: John Hopkins Medical Institute, 1993
- Fellow: Mallinkrodt Institute of Radiology, 1992
- Fellow: University of Tennessee, 1980
- Resident: Baptist Memorial Hospital, 1979
- MD: Univ Tennessee Chattanooga, 1975
- Meyerrose, Gary (2014) Angina, Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation, Aortic Stenosis, Hyperlipidemial Case Files: Geriatrics, 20, 32, 42, 52, 62.
- Sotello, D & Trujillo, A & Soontrapa, S & Harris, J & Meyerrose, Gary October (2014) An unexpected diagnosis of pericardial effusion The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles, 2, 8, 38-39.
- Suarez, G & Meyerrose, Gary September (2014) Heart Failure and galectin 3 Annals of Translational Medicine, 2, 9, 1-6.
- Sehli, Sharmila & Soontrapa, Suthipong & Meyerrose, Gary & Arvandi, Aliakbar April (2014) Intracardiac Thrombus-in-Transit Characterized on 3-Dimensional Transesophageal Echocardiography Texas Heart Institute Journal, 4, 2, 245-247.
- Sutamtewagul, Grerk & Dumrongmoncolgul, Nat & Kijsirichareanchai, Kunut & Gadwala, Swetha & Arvandi, Aliakbar & Suarez, Jose & Meyerrose, Gary January (2014) Effect of Alcohol Intake in Patients with Hypertension Currently on Medication Treatment Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 32, 92-99.
- THE CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF ALCOHOLISM IN CONGESTIVE HEART SSCI, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- WELLENS' SIGN - A RELIABLE ECG SIGN OF CORONARY (WIDOW SSCI, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Does Alcohol Consumption Increase the Rate of Hospital Re-admission after Acute Coronary Syndrome AHA, November 2013.
- Factors Contributing to Insifficient Therapeutic Response to Clopidogrel Antiplatelet Therapy in PCI Patienets American Society for Artifical Internal Organs, San Francisco; 2012.
- Collagen And 8-isoprostane Are Key Factors Of Enhanced Platelet Aggregability Observed in Patients Who Underwent Percutaneous Coronary Intervention American College of Cardiology, Chicago; 2012.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
CD36-targeting nanocarriers for molecular imaging of atherosclerotic lesions in human arteries, an ex vivo study. 2013-
in the amount of $0
Clinical Service Related
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2014.
- Teacher Award by Student Senate, TTU School of Medicine, 2012.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- Atrial Myxomas, Morbitity and Mortality Conference -
- CAD. Medical Moment -
- Cardiaac Arrhythmias in the Eldery -
- Cardiac Nuclear Medicine -
- Cholesterol and Heart Disease -
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Garrison Institute on Aging-Health Aging - 2014
- Geriatric Cardiovascular Disease - 2014
- Hypertension and Heart Disease - 2004
- Cardiovascular Disease - 2004
- Systolic Hypertension and the JNC 7 Report - 2003
Date last updated: 9/29/2015