3601 4th Street, STOP 9410
Lubbock TX 79430
- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Assistant Professor, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University Greenville, NC 2009-2013
- Assistant Professor, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University Greenville, NC 2012-2013
- ICU Physician, Swedish Medical Center Seattle, WA 2006-2008
- Research Assistant, Harvard Medical School Boston, MA 2001-2002
Post Doctoral Education:
- Postdoctoral Senior Research Fellow: University of Washington, 2009
- Fellow: University of Washington, 2005
- Fellow: Washington University, 2004
- Resident: Hospital of Saint Raphael, 2001
- Intern: Saint Vincent's Medical Center, 1999
- MD: Escuela de Medicina, Universidad Anahuac, , 1994
- BSC: Preparatoria Antonio Caso, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, 1990
- Computer Technician: Preparatoria Antonio Caso, National Autonomous University of Mexico, 1990
- Huizar, Isham December (2014) Influeza Vaccination-The Flu Latino Lubbock, 8, 12, 13.
- Jacob, M & Huizar, Isham & Malur, A & McPeek, M & Karnekar, R & Marshall, I & Dobbs, L & Kavuru, M & Barna, B & Thomassen, M (2014) Twist1 And Alveolar Macrophage M1 Activation In Sarcoidosis And A Murine Model Of Chronic Granulomatous Disease ATS Journals.
- Orellana-Barrios, M & Yepes-Hurtado, A & Huizar, Isham (2014) Use of a Dual Lumen Endobronchial Tube With a Bronchial Blocker to Treat Massive Hemoptysis ATS Journals.
- Judson, Marc & Baughman, Robert & Costabel, Ulrich & Drent, Marjolein & Gibson, Kevin & Raghu, Ganesh & Shigemitsu, Hidenobu & Barney, Joseph & Culver, Daniel & Hamzeh, Nabeel & Wijsenbeek, Marlies & Albera, Carlo & Huizar, Isham & Agarwal, Prasheen & Brodmerkel, Carrie & Watt, Rosemary & Barnathan, Elliot July (2014) Safety and efficacy of ustekinumab or golimumab in patients with chronic sarcoidosis. The European respiratory journal.
- Huizar, Isham & Malur, Anagha & Patel, Janki & McPeek, Matthew & Dobbs, Larry & Wingard, Christopher & Barna, Barbara & Thomassen, Mary Jane January (2013) The role of PPARγ in carbon nanotube-elicited granulomatous lung inflammation. Respiratory research, 14, 7.
- Correlation of microRNA with mRNA gene expression data from sarcoidosis BAL yields distinct disease-associated candidate genes American Thoracic Society, Philadelphia, PA; May 2013.
- Efficacy of Treatment with Ustekinumab or Golimumab in Patients with Chronic Skin Sarcoidosis American Thoracic Society, Philadelphia, PA; May 2013.
- ESAT-6 Augments Inflammatory Responses to Multiwall Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNT) in a Murine Chronic Granuloma Model American Thoracic Society, Philadelphia, PA; May 2013.
- Impaired Homeostasis Of Alveolar Macrophages From Obese Individuals: Alterations In Scavenger Receptor And ABC lipid Transporter Expression American Thoracic Society, Philadelphia, PA; May 2013.
- Safety and Efficacy of Treatment with Ustekinumab or Golimumab in Patients with Chronic Sarcoidosis American Thoracic Society, Philadelphia, PA; May 2013.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
in the amount of $0
in the amount of $0
- Travel Fellowship, National Eye Institute, 1998.
- Fellowship to Attend, Cardiology Society of Aguascalientes, 1996.
- Fellowship to Attend, General Physician Society of Aguascalientes, 1996.
- 1st Place Jornadas Medicas , School of Medicine, Universidad Anahuac, Estado de Mexico, 1992.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- Pulmonary Critical Care Division Noon Conference - Fall 2014
- General Medicine Rounds - 2014
- Interstitial Lung Disease Clinic - 2014
- MICU Inpatient Service - 2014
- Pulmonary Consult Service - 2014
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: Novel Therapies - 2014
Date last updated: 9/29/2015