- Editorial Board
- Program Director
- Endowed Chair
- Medical Director
- Professor of Medicine
- Editorial Board, Journal of Primary Care and Community Health 2014-Present
- Editorial Board, Gaziantep Medical Journal Turkey 2013-Present
- Editor, Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Medical Sciences 2012-Present
- Program Director, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Pulmonary Fellow: University of Iowa, 1978
- Medicine Resident: University of Iowa, 1976
- Research Associate: Laboratory of Streptococcal Diseases, NIH, 1974
- Medicine Intern: University of Iowa, 1972
- MD: Washington University, 1971
- BA: Universitiy of Texas, 1967
- Kijsirichareanchai, K & Mankongpaisarnrung, C & Sutamtewagul, G & Nugent, Kenneth & Rakvit, Ariwan (2015) Diverticulitis in the young Prim Care Community Health , 6, 29-34.
- Orellana-Barrios, M & Nugent, Kenneth & Sanchez-Barrientos, H & Lopez-Gutierrez, J (2015) Prevalence of hypertension and associated anthropometric risk factors in indigenous adults of Guatemala J Prim Care Community Heal, 6, 16-20.
- Mojumber, D & Patel, S & Nugent, Kenneth & DeToledo, Joao & Kim, Jongyeol & Dar, N & Wilms, H (2015) Pupil to limbus ratio: Introducing a simple objective measure using a two-box method for measuring early anisocoria and progress of pupillary change in the ICU J Neurosciences Rural Practice, 6, 208-215.
- Abo-Salem, E & Lockwood, D & Boersma, L & Deneke, T & Pison, L & Paone, R & Nugent, Kenneth (2015) Surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation J Cardiovascular Electrophysiology.
- Kambali, S & Nantsupawat, N & Lee, M & Nugent, Kenneth (2015) A workplace tuberculosis case investigation in the presence of immigrant contacts from high prevalence countries Journal of Community Health, 40, 576-580.
- Ventilator associated complication Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2015.
- Citalopram overdose can cause noncardiac pulmonary edema Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage: A rare complication post eptifibatide infusion in a peripheral percutaneous intervention Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Gait characteristics in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- The effect of sleep counseling in women wanting to lose weight: A pilot study Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
LWBIWH: INTERVENTION STUDY IN WOMEN WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT 2012-2014
in the amount of $8,400
Clinical Service Related
Aging and Quality of Life in the Southwest: A Comprehensive Competency-Based Program to Strengthen Physicians’ Training in Geriatrics 2006-2010
in the amount of $1,997,947
Healthy aging in the Southwest: training residents for community-based care 2003-2006
in the amount of $242,627
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2014.
- Outstanding Physician, TTUHSC, 2013.
- Dean's Unsung Hero Award, Department of Internal Medicine - TTUHSC, 2009.
- Clinical Science Teaching Award, TTUHSC, 2007.
- Teaching Academy Member, TTUHSC, 2007.
Date last updated: 11/28/2015