- Editorial Board
- Program Director
- Endowed Chair
- Medical Director
- Professor of Medicine
- Editorial Board, Journal of Primary Care and Community Health 2014-Present
- Editorial Board, Gaziantep Medical Journal Turkey 2013-Present
- Editor, Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Medical Sciences 2012-Present
- Program Director, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
Post Doctoral Education:
- Pulmonary Fellow: University of Iowa, 1978
- Medicine Resident: University of Iowa, 1976
- Research Associate: Laboratory of Streptococcal Diseases, NIH, 1974
- Medicine Intern: University of Iowa, 1972
- MD: Washington University, 1971
- BA: Universitiy of Texas, 1967
- Wondimagegnehu, N & Ruthirago, D & Tantrachoti, P & Nugent, Kenneth February (2015) A rare presentation of disseminated histoplasmosis mimicking metastatic cancer in apparently immunocompetent individual 63, 2, 386.
- Panikkath, D & Panikkath, R & Sultan, A & Adiga, A & Klomjit, S & Nugent, Kenneth February (2015) A reliable ECG sign of widow maker artery disease, the Wellens’ Sign 63, 2, 352.
- Tseng, J & Sigler, M & Edriss, H & Turner, A & Selvan, K & Nugent, Kenneth February (2015) A self-extubation case series in an ICU after the introduction of an early mobilization project 63, 2, 414.
- Panikkath, D & Hosiriluck, N & Gadwala, S & Panikkath, R & Mohammed, A & Nugent, Kenneth February (2015) An interesting observation on PET-CT scan in patient with anaplastic carcinoma 63, 2, 380.
- Panikkath, D & Panikkath, R & Adiga, A & Mohammed, A & Nugent, Kenneth February (2015) An unusual cause of lower gastrointestinal bleeding 63, 2, 364.
- Citalopram overdose can cause noncardiac pulmonary edema Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage: A rare complication post eptifibatide infusion in a peripheral percutaneous intervention Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Gait characteristics in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- The effect of sleep counseling in women wanting to lose weight: A pilot study Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2014.
- Pseudomonas lung abscess-unusual cause for cavitary lung lesion Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2013.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
LWBIWH: INTERVENTION STUDY IN WOMEN WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT 2012-2014
in the amount of $8,400
Clinical Service Related
Aging and Quality of Life in the Southwest: A Comprehensive Competency-Based Program to Strengthen Physicians’ Training in Geriatrics 2006-2010
in the amount of $1,997,947
Healthy aging in the Southwest: training residents for community-based care 2003-2006
in the amount of $242,627
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2014.
- Outstanding Physician, TTUHSC, 2013.
- Dean's Unsung Hero Award, Department of Internal Medicine - TTUHSC, 2009.
- Clinical Science Teaching Award, TTUHSC, 2007.
- Teaching Academy Member, TTUHSC, 2007.
Date last updated: 4/16/2015