Lukman Tijani, MD
- Medical Director
- Cancer Liaison Physician
- Medical Director, University Medical Center Lubbock, TX 2012-Present
- Cancer Liaison Physician, University Medical Center Lubbock, TX 2011-Present
- Research Assistant, Albert Einstein Cancer Center Philadelphia PA 2005-2005
- Research Assistant, Albert Einstein Cancer Center Philadelphia PA 2004-2005
- Research Assistant, Albert Einstein Cancer Center Philadelphia PA 2001-2001
Post Doctoral Education:
- Clinical Research Fellow: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 2010
- Fellow: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 2003
- Resident: Albert Einstein Medical Center, 1998
- Resident: University College Hospital, 1988
- MD: University of Lagos, , 1998
- Hosiriluck, N & Klomjit, S & Rassameehiran, S & Tijani, Lukman & Radhi, Saba (2013) Prognostic factors for mortality with febrile neutropenia in hospitalized patients. Southwest Respiratory Critical Care Chronicles, 3, 9, 3-13.
- Ussavarungsi, K & Kim, M & Tijani, Lukman (2013) Skin Metastasis in a patient with Small-Cell Lung Cancer The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles, 1, 1, 35-38.
- Radhi, S & Alalawi, Raed & Mirandola, L & Yu, Y & Pandey, A & D'Cunha, R & Saadeh, C & Nguyen, Diane & Hardwicke, Fred & D'Cunha, Nicholas & Tijani, Lukman & Jenkins, Marjorie & Jumper, Cynthia & Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Cobos, Everardo (2012) Novel Tumor Markers in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Detected Both in Serology and Tissue J Clin Oncol, S E21105.
- Mahipal, Amit & Tijani, Lukman & Chan, Kathryn & Laudadio, MaryAnn & Mastrangelo, Michael & Sato, Takami December (2012) A pilot study of sunitinib malate in patients with metastatic uveal melanoma. Melanoma research, 22, 6, 440-6.
- Chiriva-Internati, Maurizio & Pandey, A & Radhi, S & Kim, M & Saadeh, C & Tijani, Lukman & Chiaramonte, R & Jenkins, Marjorie & Cobos, Everardo & Jumper, Cynthia & Alalawi, Raed October (2012) Cancer testis antigens: a novel target in lung cancer International Reviews of Immunology, 31, 5, 321-343.
- N Acetyl Cysteine for pain crisis in patient with sickle cell anemia - A Case Report. Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (SSCI), 2016.
- Neuroendocrine tumors can present even in urinary bladder Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (SSCI), 2016.
- Small cell cancer with rare presentation as bladder cancer. Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (SSCI), 2016.
- Novel biomarkers for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Denver, Colorado; September 2015.
- The Case of a Hydrocele That Would Not Go Away American College of Physicians, Dallas, TX; November 2012.
Selected Contracts and Grants:
A Phase 3 randomized, double-blind study of PF-06439535 plus Paclitaxel-Carboplatin and Bevacizumab plus Placltaxel-Carboplatin for the first-line treatment of patients with advanced non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer 2015-
in the amount of $0
S1400 - Phase II/III Biomarker - Driven Master Protocol for Second Line Therapy of Squamous Cell Lung Cancer (LUNG - MAP) 2015-
in the amount of $0
- Top Oncologist in Lubbock, Texas, International Association of Oncologists, 2015.
- Spirit of Service Award-Attending of the Month, University Medical Center, 2011.
- Medical Staff All-Star , University Medical Center, 2011.
- President's Excellence in Teaching Award, Albert Einstein Medical Center, 2002.
- Lambo Gold Medial , University of Lagos, Nigeria, 1997.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- Diadactic Lectures - 2015
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Anemia 2011 - Present
- Sickle Cell Diseases: The Basics - 2015
- Management of Neutropenic Fever - 2015
- Biology of Colon Cancer - 2015
- Molecular Biology of Lung Cancer - 2015
Date last updated: 7/26/2016