- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2013-Present
- Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2007-2013
- Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX 2007-2013
Post Doctoral Education:
- Resident : Texas Tech University Health Sciences Cetner, 2007
- MD: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2004
- BS: Abilene Christian University, 1999
- Sotello, David & Rivas, Marcella & Mulkey, Zachary & Nugent, Kenneth January (2015) High-flow nasal cannula oxygen in adult patients: a narrative review..
- Rivas, Ana Marcella & Mulkey, Zachary & Lado-Abeal, Joaquin & Yarbrough, Shannon December (2014) Diagnosing and managing low serum testosterone..
- Omar, Sabry & Moore, Tyler & Payne, Drew & Momeni, Parastoo & Mulkey, Zachary & Paone, Ralph & Nugent, Kenneth August (2014) Familial thoracic aortic aneurysm with dissection presenting as flash pulmonary edema in a 26-year-old man..
- Lim, Sian & Panikkath, Ragesh & Mankongpaisarnrung, Charoen & Islam, Ebtesam & Mulkey, Zachary & Nugent, Kenneth May (2013) Anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis..
- Panikkath, Ragesh & Jumper, Cynthia & Mulkey, Zachary January (2013) Multilobar lung infiltrates after exposure to dust storm: the Haboob Lung Syndrome..
- Three-Year Average Score of IM-ITE: A Better Predictor for American Board of Internal Medicine Certification Examination Outcome AAIM, New Orleans, LA; October 2013.
- New Tool to Evaluate Internal Medicine Residents in the Ambulatory Care Clinic Southern Society of General Internal Medicine, New Orleans, LA; February 2012.
- Intern Survivor: A multidisciplinary series imparting “need to know” information to interns caring for acute hospitalized patients Association of American Medical Colleges, Boston, MA; November 2009.
- Negative pressure pulmonary edema: case series analysis Southern Society of Clinical Investigation, New Orleans, LA; February 2007.
- Negative pressure pulmonary edema: case series analysis Society of Hospital Medicine, Chicago, IL; April 2005.
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2014.
- Dean's Faculty Teaching Award, TTUHSC, 2013.
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2013.
- Outstanding Clerkship Educator, TTUHSC, 2012.
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year, TTUHSC, 2012.
Selected Scheduled Teaching:
- Board Prep - 2015
- Clinic Conference Bi-Weekly - 2015
- Friday News - 2015
- Intern 911 - 2015
- Morning Report - 2015
Selected Non-Credit Instruction Taught:
- Resident Evaluations 2007 - Present
- Approach to Chronic Diarrhea - 2012
- When Anchovies Attack: Diagnosis and Treatment of Gout - 2011
- Aspirin Update: Primary and Secondary Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease - 2010
- Diabetes Review 2009 - 2009
Date last updated: 2/23/2015