I invite you to become acquainted with our education program for house officers at
Texas Tech University School of Medicine in Lubbock, Texas. This web site describes the people, resources, facilities, and
communities associated with our Internal Medicine residency program.
Excellence in medical care is the center of our philosophy for house staff education.
We provide our residents with a comprehensive training environment, which fosters
a spirit of inquiry and the desire to learn and share knowledge with one another.
Our Program Teaches
- The critical components of the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic disease
- A scholarly professional team approach to all patient care activities
- The effective use of consultation for diagnosis and therapy
- The basic correlations between the patient's clinical presentation and the underlying
- The skills essential for effective self-education through critical reading and quality
- The ability to critically evaluate one's own performance and practice
- The skills to teach fellow residents and other health professionals as well as to
educate patients about health promotion and disease prevention
Because the selection of a residency program is a major decision and requires careful
consideration, we welcome the opportunity to provide any details about our program
that would assist you in your decision-making process. We appreciate your interest
in our house officer program and encourage you to visit with us to discuss residency
opportunities at TTUHSC.
If you are interested in receiving more information, please email your request to
Michael Phy, D.O.
Residency Program Director