P3 DOCS Honors Project
Honors Project Objectives
The P3-1 Honors Project is an activity within the P3-1 course where groups of first-year medical students are asked to identify community needs that affect health outcomes, collect data to assess the current status for a particular population, and gain skills working as a group. Students participating in an Honors Project will:
- Identify community needs that affect health outcomes
- Perform research and data collection activities to assess the current status of community and population needs
- Gain skills working as a group
- Navigate the complexities of working with a community partner
- Present a project in a scholarly forum
- The Honors Project continues from first year to second year as part of P3/Docs
- P3-1: Students identify a population and problem, exploring the problem in the community via a needs assessment and planning an intervention.
- P3-2: Students implement and evaluate the planned intervention
- For both experiences, completion of an Honors Project is required to achieve honors
Honors Project Omnibus Survey
The Honors Project Omnibus Survey provides a single data collection vehicle for student groups that have identified a group within the TTUHSC community as their population of interest.
Each category of questions included in this survey has been submitted by student groups, so please be aware that there make be duplicate questions. We appreciate your willingness to participate in this student project, and you may choose not to answer any question. This survey project has been approved for exempt review by the TTUHSC Institutional Review Board (IRB#L-14-070). By completing this survey, you are consenting to participate in a research project.
Honors Project Documents
Honors Project Assignment
Honors Project Assignment Faculty Instructions
Honors Project Poster (STFM MSE 2014)
Omnibus Survey Question Set 2014
Omnibus Survey 2013