Department of Surgery
Residency Program - Benefits
The stipends for interns and residents at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
are consistent with other medical centers in the Southwest and may undergo increased
adjustments each year as appropriate. There are increments for each additional year
of approved training.
Year 2013-14 stipends:
- PGY1: 47,334.63
- PGY2: 48,879.28
- PGY3: 50,422.80
- PGY4: 51,965.19
- PGY5: 53,507.58
- Insurance – malpractice, health (100% paid for resident and dependents), life, disability
- Vacation (PGY 1: 2 weeks/year; PGY 2-3: 3 weeks/year; PGY 4-5: 4 weeks/year) .
- Registration paid for ATLS, ABLS, FCCS, FLS and PALS certification and ACLS recertification
- 3 Lab coats(including laundering) ,
- meal cards($120 per month),
- textbook and other study materials as deemed necessary .
- Travel expenses paid when presenting at a conference . Travel expenses paid for one
major conference during PGY 5 year .
- Loupes provided at PGY 2 year. .
- Free parking