Graduate Department APRN Program
Below are the main steps that will help guide you through the application process.
|Semester||Application Open||Application Deadline|
|Fall||November 1||February 15|
|Spring||May 1 of previous year||August 1|
|Summer||November 1||January 15|
- Click on Start Session on the bottom of the Merlin application page
- Click on the Merlin sign-in button to create a username and password (Do not use eRaider login even if you currently have one!)
- After logging in, click on the blue Start Application button.
- School → Select HSC School of Nursing, excluding Hunt School of Nursing and click the Next button.
- Program → Select Nursing, Post-Master Practitioner Certificate (MSN required) and then click the Next button.
- Term → Select the term for which you are applying and then click the Next button.
- After reviewing your selection, click the Finish button.
- There are several modules that you will need to complete in the Merlin application:
- Oath of Residency
- HSC General Information
- Fees and Other Charges ($40.00 application*)
- Forms → All forms must be completed.
- After a module is complete, it will display a green check-mark. After all modules are completed, the Application Packet Submit button will turn white and display a red exclamation point. Only after clicking that button and following the steps will your Merlin supplemental application be submitted!
- Items to be sent to TTUHSC include an official transcript from your MSN program as well as three recommendation letters (forms can be printed from the Merlin application). All documents should be sent to the address below:
3601 4th St, MS 8310
Lubbock, TX 79430
- It is to your advantage to include as much information as possible in your application including any certifications you may have (i.e. BLS, ACLS, PALS, CCRN, etc.), information on any professional nursing organizations of you may be a member, current and previous work experience. Additional tips can be found by reviewing Tips for Successful Applications to the MSN Program.
- Ensure that all required application documents are received by the deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant, not that of TTUHSC, to make sure that your application is complete and submitted. We will not contact you for missing items. Only applications that are complete by the deadline will be reviewed. Please note that Merlin will not show a status until decision emails have been sent out.
- If you do not already have your MSN degree and are interested in applying for the MSN program, you will need to follow a different application process which is outlined on the websites for the MSN Tracks.