Mission and Vision Statement
The Department of Pharmacy Practice is committed to advancing the profession of pharmacy and its professional and scientific knowledge base to demonstrate: (1) the relevance of pharmacists and their patient care services to the health care delivery system, (2) the importance of clinical and translational research to policy makers and the health care industry, and (3) the impact of Doctor of Pharmacy graduates on patient care clinical, economic and humanistic outcomes.
The Department of Pharmacy Practice will be recognized as a national leader in:
- Clinical and translational research in experimental pharmacotherapeutics, drug safety, microbial endocrinology and outcomes research evaluating pharmacists� impact within the health care system.
- Training of clinician / educators through its accredited post Pharm.D residency programs.
Our vision is attainable because the Department of Pharmacy Practice is an environment where:
- Students and patients are our highest priorities.
- Diverse opinions are encouraged and respected.
- Excellence is sought in all we do.
- Professional education relates to contemporary and future practice models.
- Leadership opportunities for the faculty and staff abound and are nurtured.
- Practitioners in a variety of health care settings are integrated into our teaching programs.
- Scholarship is embraced as an opportunity and privilege for all assistant, associate and full professors.