- Dr. Thomas Abbruscato has been appointed as chairperson of the Drug Discovery for
the Nervous System Study Section, Center for Scientific Review, NIH, for the term
beginning summer 2015 and ending in summer 2016.
- Dr. Luca Cucullo was awarded with the President’s young investigator award on November
5, 2015.He was an invited speaker for the University of Rochester-Rochester, NY on
October 6, 2015. The seminar title was “In Vitro Models in Blood-Brain Barrier Research:Current
& Novel Technologies”
- Dr. Wei Wang was invited to give a presentation at the Global Summit on Genitourinary
Malignancies on October 22-25, 2015 in Banff, Alberta, Canada. The topic was “HDM2
inhibitors and loss of p53 function
- Dr. Constantinos Mikelis was invited to lecture at Univeristy of Patras in Rion,
Greece in June 2015. He also was an invited speaker at the TTUHSC Abilene Campus.
- Dr. Sanjay K. Srivastava delivered a keynote speech at the International Conference
on Natural Products for Cancer Prevention and Therapy in Istanbul, Turkey. He also deliver
a plenary talk at the International Symposium on “Recent trends in Advanced Cancer
Prevention” in Seoul, South Korea.
- Dr. Charles Seifert received the Adult Medicine PRN Outstanding Paper Award for 2015
from the American College of Clinical Pharmacy.
- Dr. Trippier was invited to speak at the joint Southwest and Southeast American Chemical
Society Regional Meeting in Memphis,TN in the 'Natural Products: Tomorrows Therapeutics'
Dr. Maciej Markiewski - NIH R01 - Targeting the Premetastatic Niche by Antiangiogenic Immunotherapy
Dr. Magdalena Karbowniczek – DOD Office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (DOD CDMRP) - identifying mechanisms Initiating LAM and Angiomyolipoma In Tuberous Sclerosis
Dr. Wei Wang – American Cancer Society - Targeting MDM2 Oncogene To Treat Breast Cancer
Dr. Ninh La-Beck – NIH National Cancer Institute (R15) -
Abrogating Nanoparticle-Induced Immunosuppression in Tumor Microenvironment
New Grants and Awards - Fall 2015
Dr. Paul Trippier - Texas Alzheimer’s Research and Care Consortium
Dr. Xinli Liu – CPRIT High Impact / High Risk Research Grant
Dr. James Stoll – Laura Bush Institute for Women’s Health Centralized Seed Grant
Dr. Xinli Liu - Laura W. Bush Women’s Health Institute Seed Grant