Student Senate By-Laws
Representation is based on current enrollment.
|Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences||4|
|Clinical Laboratory Science||2|
B. Regional Campuses (Ex-Officio)
a. Amarillo HSC Student Senate President
a. Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy
b. School of Nursing
a. School of Health Professions (1)
b. School of Nursing (1)
a. School of Health Professions - Physician Assistant program (2)
A. To serve as a liaison between the Senate and the student body.
1. Mandatory attendance at each bimonthly meeting, as mandated in Section IV of the by-laws. In the event a Senate member must miss a meeting, he/she must inform the Secretary and confirm that the alternate Senator of his or her respective class attends that meeting.
2. Mandatory attendance for at least 2 community service events per semester and ALL Senate sponsored events.
- School Breakdown
MAT 1 - 2 Senators
MAT 2 - 2 Senators
SLHS 1 - 2 Senators
SLHS 2 - 2 Senators
SLP 1 - 2 Senators
SLP 2 - 2 Senators
Audiology - 2 Senators
MOT 1 - 2 Senators
MOT 2 - 2 Senators
DPT 1 - 3 Senators
DPT 2 - 2 Senators
DPT 3 - 2 Senators
CLS - 2 Senators
Molecular Pathology - 1 Senator
Pharmacy - 2 Senators
GSBS - 4 Senators
MS 1 - 7 Senators
MS 2 - 7 Senators
MS 3 - 3 Senators
Junior SON - 6 Senators
Senior SON - 6 Senators
- In case of a tie, a run-off should be conducted.
- April elections will be held at a time designated by the elections chair.
- Newly elected Executive Officers will be inducted at the TTUHSC Student Government Association Awards and Installation Banquet on the last Friday in April.
- Senators will be allowed 2 total unexcused absences per year, to include Senate meetings
and committee meetings.
- Following the second absence, the Senator will be notified in writing by the Senate
- Upon the third absence, the Senator will meet with the Executive Officers to determine
- The attendance policy may be waved, by discretion of the President, for Senators which special professional commitments.