Accrediting Bodies and State Authorization
Information and Contacts
Process for filing complaints related to SACSCOC accreditation can be found here.
SACSCOC Federal Standard 4.5 requires a complete narrative on how complaints are handled. The 2015 SACSCOC Fifth Year Report includes this text (under FR 4.5) at SACSCOC Fifth Year Interim Report – 2015 by Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) adopted rules codified under Title 19 of the Texas Administrative Code, Sections 1.110 – 1.120, on October 25, 2012. The rules create a student complaint procedure to comply with the U.S. Department of Education's "Program Integrity" regulations, which require each state to have a student complaint procedure in order for public and private higher education institutions to be eligible for federal Title IV funds.
For information regarding THECB complaints, please refer to Complaints Regarding Texas Public Institutions of Higher Education webpage.
- To report fraud to the State Auditor's Office.
- Report any suspected fraud or criminal conduct to the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Education.
- Academic programs, facilities, and instructional personnel disclosure.
- Annual security report disclosure.
- Available financial aid disclosure.
- Code of conduct if participating in Title IV loan program disclosure.
- Code of Conduct for Title IV Loan disclosure can be found by contacting the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Completion or graduation rate, retention rate, and transfer-out rate of full-time undergraduates disclosure.
- The Title IV information on the Student Financial Aid website.
- Copyright and peer-to peer file sharing issues disclosure.
- Cost of attending the institution disclosure.
- Crime log disclosure.
- Direct Loan model disclosure form.
- Diversity of student body disclosure.
- Drug-Free workplace statement disclosure