Future Healthcare Professionals' Experience
April 8, 2017
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Academic Classroom Building
Free Lunch provided
The Future Healthcare Professionals' Experience is a free event for high school and
college students, college advisors, and parents, as well as anyone interested in pursuing
a health sciences related career.
All Schools of TTUHSC are involved in the Future Healthcare Professionals' Experience.
To learn a little more about the schools please visit their school pages below.
School of Medicine - MD, MD/MBA, MD/PhD, JD/MD, FMAT, MD/MPH
School of Nursing - Traditional BSN, RN to BSN, BSN (Second degree), MSN, DNP
School of Health Professions - CLS, MP, OT, PT, SLHS, SLP, PA, Audiology, AT
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences - Masters, PhD
School of Pharmacy - PharmD, PharmD/MBA
The experience will include opportunities to tour of the Health Sciences Center, the
SimLife Center, and the School of Health Professions Clinical Laboratory.
Schedule for the Day
8 - 8:30 a.m. - Registration/Check-in
8:30 - 9 a.m. - Welcome
9 - 9:30 a.m. - Trauma Simulation
9:30 - 10 a.m. - Sessions
- School of Medicine: Insider/Student Panel
- School of Health Professions: General Overview of Programs
10 - 11 a.m. - Sessions
- School of Medicine: Overview Admissions Process / JAMP Program
- School of Health Professions: Clinical Lab Sciences & Molecular Pathology
(w/ tour); Occupational Therapy (w/ tour);
Physical Therapy (w/tour - 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.); Physician Assistant (10:30
- 11 a.m.)
- School of Nursing: Experience Nursing- Labor/Delivery & Pediatrics
- School of Pharmacy: Admissions & Acceptance (10 - 10:30 a.m.); Curriculum
& Overview (10:30 - 11 a.m.)
11 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Sessions
- School of Medicine: Curriculum Overview; Careers in Telemedicine
- School of Health Professions: Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences (w/ tour)
- School of Nursing: Experience Nursing- Operating Room & Assessing a Patient
- School of Pharmacy: Pharmacy Career Opportunities (11 - 11:30 a.m.); Student
Panel (11:30 a.m. - noon)
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences: MD/PhD Program (11:30 a.m. - noon);
Graduate Medical Sciences (11:30 a.m.)
12 - 1 p.m. - LUNCH (provided)
1 - 2 p.m. - Sessions
- School of Medicine: EDME, Honor's College & UMSI; TMA Student Organization
(1 - 1:30 p.m.); Anatomy Demonstration
- School of Health Professions: Athletic Training (w/ tour)
- School of Nursing: Experience Nursing- Technology & Simulation
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences: Laboratory Tour; Masters of Sciences/Public
Health (1 - 1:30 p.m.)
- General Session: Financial Aid - How Can I Pay for School?
2 - 3 p.m. - Sessions
- School of Medicine: Diversity in Healthcare; Anatomy Demonstration
For any questions about the event or more information, please contact Deidra Satterwhite
by email at email@example.com or by phone at 806-743-2300.