Mental Health Resources
Program of Assistance for Students
The TTUHSC Program of Assistance for Students (PAS) is a resource to promote health and wellness in your personal and academic life. If something is bothering you, whatever the issue, call PAS to see how we can be helpful. PAS counselors are trained in addressing all types of problems, including:
- Family and relationship problems,
- Excessive stress or
- Anxiety, alcohol and drug abuse,
- and other problems.
- The Counseling Center @ TTUHSC
Setup appointments by contacting their office or speak with a counselor on their 24-Hour Crisis Hotline. PAS is private and professional. You do not need to go through your school or program to access PAS services. Your use of PAS will not become a part of your academic record and it will not compromise your reputation or future opportunities.
TTUHSC provides up to six (6) free counseling sessions per household per contract year (Sept. 1 - Aug. 31). Any TTUHSC student or dependent of the student can receive PAS assistance at no cost. Counseling services consist of assessment, brief therapy, and follow-up. If it is determined that a person needs extended treatment, long-term therapy, or other psychiatric or psychological services, a referral will be made to the appropriate professional.
To utilize services, please visit the PAS contact page.
Distance/Online Students in Texas
Telehealth counseling is now available through The Counseling Center at TTUHSC. To be eligible for tele-visits, you must be an active TTUHSC student located outside of the Lubbock area.
To schedule please call 806-743-1327 or 1-800-327-0328.
Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)
Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) is an interactive, web-based program which provides guided activities to help overcome anxiety, depression and other common concerns.
You can access TAO using the below steps:
- In your browser window (Chrome or Firefox), navigate to thepath.taoconnect.org
- Once you enter your university email address you will be redirected to the institution's login page.
- Enter current credentials for TTUHSC.
- Leave the 'Enrollment Key' field blank. Fill out the demographics and Informed Consent form, and click 'Sign Me Up!'
- Check your TTUHSC email. You will be sent a confirmation link which you must click on before signing in.