TTUHSC Administration
HSC Home Admin HomeSafety Services

Safety Services

In the Event of an Employee Incident/Injury

(For injuries involving Patients/Visitors/Students or other non-employee HSC customers see HSCOP 75.14)
  1. Seek medical attention if necessary.
  2. Call the TTUS Office of Risk Management (806-742-0212) to verbally report the incident and for questions.
  3. Notify Safety Services (806-743-2597) of the incident and location.

Supervisor Must Complete and Submit

  1. First Report of Injury/Illness/Accident
  2. Supervisor's Investigation of Employee's Accident/Incident

Employee Must Complete and Submit

  1. Employee's Report of Injury
  2. Authorization for Release of Information
  3. Employee's Election Form

Witness (if applicable) Must Complete and Submit

Once these forms have been completed, Please fax them to the TTU system Office of Risk Management Claims Coordinator at 806-742-3018 as soon as possible.

How To Get Health Care Under Workers' Compensation Insurance

If you are hurt on the job...

  1. You must choose a treating doctor from the list of doctors in the network.
  2. You may ask you primary care physician to agree to serve as a treating doctor.
  3. You must go to your treating doctor for all health care for your injury. If you need a specialist, your treating doctor will refer you. If you need emergency care, you may go anywhere.
  4. The insurance carrier will pay the treating doctor and other network providers.
  5. You might have to pay the bill if you get health care from someone other than a network doctor without network approval.

More Information

Additional procedures and forms may be required depending on nature and location of incident/injury. For detailed information, view the Incident Reporting flowchart for any given campus.

Download Free Adobe Reader Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view items marked with this icon:
Please click on the left image to download the free version.