Welcome to the HSC
Welcome to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, where a dedication to education, patient care and research has made an impact on the health of West Texas and beyond for almost 40 years.
To date we have trained more than 10,000 health care professionals, and we meet the health care needs of more than 2.5 million people who live throughout a vast 108-county are stretching from the Texas Panhandle south to the Permian Basin and west into Eastern New Mexico.
We have established ourselves as a leader in education and patient care and are building a top-ranked research environment with significant studies under way in areas such as aging, cancer, reproduction, genetic diseases and rural health. In addition, our location adjacent to Texas Tech University provides a unique opportunity for advancement of knowledge through scientific collaborations.
Beginning in 1969 as Texas Tech University School of Medicine, today TTUHSC is a seven-school university located in Abilene, Amarillo, Dallas/Fort Worth, El Paso, Lubbock, Midland and Odessa.
- TTUHSC School of Medicine - located in Amarillo, Lubbock and Odessa
- Paul L. Foster School of Medicine - located in El Paso
- School of Nursing - located in Abilene, El Paso, Lubbock and Odessa
- Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing - located in El Paso
- School of Allied Health Sciences - located in Amarillo, Lubbock and Midland
- School of Pharmacy - located in Abilene, Amarillo, Lubbock and Dallas/Fort Worth
- Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences - located in Amarillo and Lubbock
Our goal is to become known as an institution that advances knowledge for students and practicing health care professionals through educational opportunities and research while providing quality patient care and service.
We invite you to be a part of it.