Application Instructions Graduate Medical Sciences
Graduate Medical Sciences MS -
Experience - applicants are asked to provide a brief statement describing any teaching and counseling roles, clinical, research or lab experience.
Required supplemental items are applied to an application AFTER application submission. Log into your www.BioRaider.com account and scroll down to see the supplemental items and status of those items. All required supplemental items must be received before an application is considered complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applicants should selected referees who can address the applicant's desire and aptitude for a career in health care or teaching, as well as suitability for graduate study.
- Applicants must solicit references specifically for this program.
- Medical or other professional school recommendations and Interfolio letters are not accepted.
- References older than one year will not be accepted.
- Letters submitted outside our online recommendation system are strongly discouraged.
After an admission offer is made, accepted by the applicant and the placement guarantee fee paid, applicants must upload proof of ability to pay tuition/fees and living expenses before the I-20 and official admission letter can be processed. Applicants should be prepared to supply these documents within two weeks of an offer acceptance. These documents include:
- Bank Statement from an account belonging to the applicant showing a minimum of $33,561. The document must be in English. Amounts must be in USD or equivalent available balance.
- If the applicant has a financial sponsor, we also require a bank statement from an account belonging to the sponsor as well as a letter from the sponsor or Financial Affidavit stating their intent to financially support the applicant. The sponsor's bank statement must be in English and show an available balance in USD or equivalent at the same minimum amount as stated above. The sponsor letter accepting financial responsibility must be signed and an electronic signature is not valid.
- Applicants with a spouse and/or children must provide proof of an additional $7,500 USD for the spouse and for each child.
- Applicants with scholarships awarded by their home countries, such as Saudi Arabia Cultural Mission, must still submit the required financial documents. We are unable to accept the SACM or other provisional financial guarantee as proof of funding. In order to meet the admission requirement you will need to show proof of personal funding.
- Delays in providing the required documents may impact an applicant's ability to begin the degree program for the term selected. The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences reserves the right to withdraw an admission offer if the required documents are not provided within 30 days of the offer acceptance.
Teaching/Graduate/Research Assistantships are not available for the Graduate Medical Sciences concentration.
Tuition and fees are set by the Texas Tech University System Board of Regents each year, generally in the summer prior to the new academic year. Expect to pay approximately $2,200 each semester for Texas residents and others awarded a competitive scholarship. Costs provided are estimates only and may not represent the true cost of tuition/fees. Non-Texas resident tuition rates are significantly higher and applicants should consult the Student Business Services website to determine exact tuition/fees cost. http://www.fiscal.ttuhsc.edu/busserv/bursar/
The Texas Tech University System Board of Regents requires all students to have health insurance, and are required to provide proof of health insurance each year. Students who have failed to carry insurance and have suffered illness or injury resulting in high medical bills have often been financially unable to continue their education. Unlike free medical care in some countries, medical care in the U.S. is very expensive.
- A student health insurance plan is available through Academic Health Plans/Unicare. Information regarding cost and coverage is available here: https://legacy.ttuhsc.edu/student-services/studenthealth.aspx
- A mandatory medical services fee is required of all master's and certificate students. This fee is available as an opt-in for those with a research assistantship. While this fee does not meet the health insurance requirement, physician visits are available at a low cost co-pay. For more information regarding services provided by this fee, please visit this website: https://legacy.ttuhsc.edu/student-services/documents/studenthealthbro14_update.pdf
- More information is available on the Student Health Services website: https://legacy.ttuhsc.edu/studenthealth/faqs.aspx