Faculty » Infectious Disease Medicine
Yasir Ahmed, MD
Subspecialty: Infectious Disease Medicine
Administrative OffIce: 432-703-5340
To Schedule Patient Appointments:
My research interests include HIV and opportunistic infections.
University of South Carolina / Palmetto Richland Hospital, Columbia, SC
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Odessa, TX
- Medical School:
Liaquat Medical College Jamshoro Pakistan
- “More evidence that treatment interruptions are not smart” article commentary published in HIV/AIDS Clinical Care Journal Watch Volume 23, issue 2; Feb 14th, 2011
- Case report: “Rare Case of rilpivirine-induced severe allergic hepatitis” Ahmed, Yasir1; Siddiqui, Wajid2; Enoch, Caroline3; Bookstaver, P. Brandon4; Albrecht, Helmut5J Antimicrob. Chemother. October 12, 2012, PMID: 23065700
- Case report: “Micafungin therapy in a critically ill, morbidly obese patient” Amanda Zomp, P. Brandon Bookstaver, Yasir Ahmed, J. Ellot Turner, and Christie King, J. Antimicro Chemother (2011)66(11):2678-2680, PMID:22452692
- Book chapter “Opportunistic Infection in AIDS” in “Grant’z Manual of Clinical Problems in Infectious Disease” book; Sixth Edition. Yasir Ahmed, Sean Cook, Helmut Albrecht.
- A review article: "Fidaxomicin: A new agent in the clostridium difficile armamentarium" a review article. P. Brandon Bookstaver, April M. Quidley, Marla D. Koch, Wajid Siddiqui, Yasir Ahmed, Teldrin D. James. CML-Gastroenterology 2012;31(4):95-103.
- Clostridium difficile: "Case report and concise review of Fecal Micobiota Transplantation". P. Brandon Bookstaver, Yasir Ahmed, Vanessa E. Millisor, Wajid Siddiqui, Helmut Albrecht. The Journal of the South Carolina Medical Association; Volume 109. June 2013; 62-66. PMID: 24902394
- Case report: "Bilateral leukemic pulmonary infiltrate: a rare manifestation of acute myeloid leukemia". Imran Umer 1, Farzauq Burki 2, Yasir Ahmed 3. J Med Cases. 2014;5(3):137-139.
- Case report: "Mediastinal mass: an unusual presentation of Coccidioidomycosis". Imran Umer 1, Yasir Ahmed 2. The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles. 2014; 2 96) 41-44.
- Case report: "Successful Treatment of Life-Threatening Metabolic Alkalosis Due to Pyloric Stenosis": A Rare Case. Siva Parcha, Purnima Tripathy, Nikolay Azarov, Elaine De Prang, Yasir Ahmed. J Med Cases. 2014; 5(5):312-314.
- Case report: "Infusion-Related Reaction following Daptomycin two-minute Rapid Intravenous Infusion". Celeste R. Caulder, Aaron Sloan, Yasir Ahmed, P. Brandon Bookstaver. Hospital Pharmacy Journal, 2014;49:644-646.
- Case report: "Mycobacterium abscessus; a rare cause of vascular graft infection". Imran Umer 1, Satish Mocherla 2, Joseph Horvath 3, Suthep Arora 4, Yasir Ahmed 5. Scand J Infect Dis. 2014 Aug 19:1-4. PMID: 25134652
- Case report with literature review: "Pseudozyma species catheter associated blood stream infection, an emerging pathogen and brief literature review". Wajid Siddiqui; Yasir Ahmed; Helmut Albrecht; Sharon Weissman. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Dec 12; 2014. PMID: 25498807.
- Case report: "Actinomyces naeslundi, a fatal and previously undocumented cause of infective endocarditis; with literary review". Loren G. Morgen, Ashley L. Davis, Paul Poommipanit, Yasir Ahmed. American Journal of Infectious Diseases 10 (3): 132-136, 2014.
- Case report: “A young man with oligoarthritis preceded by urethritis and diarrhea”. Ahmed Zedan; Imran Umer; Yasir Ahmed; Donald Loveman. The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles. 2014; 2 (8) 50-53.
- Case report: “Vancomycin-induced severe asymptomatic Immune Thrombocytopenia; a rare cause”. Yasir Ahmed; Christopher Sartin; Imran Umer; Osama Mukarram; Renuka Borra. The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles 2015; 3(9) 42-45.
- Case report: "An adult male with abdominal pain and skin rash". Jay Patel; Imran Umer; Anand Reddy; Yasir Ahmed; Craig Spellman. The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles 2015;3(9) 38-41
- Cause of death in HIV-infected in South Carolina (2005-2013). Cima M, Parker RD, Ahmed Y, Cook S, Dykema S, Dukes K, Albrecht S, Weissman S. Int J STD AIDS.2015 Feb 17. PMID: 25691444.
- Abdominal actinomycosis: A report on two cases of small bowel obstruction in male. Ravi Patel; Jennifer Burba; Yasir Ahmed; Satish Mocherla; Saju Joseph. AMSRJ 2015 Volume 1, Number 2, 235-238
- Outstanding Faculty award, chosen by Medical Students at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Odessa, 2014-2015
- Best Teaching Faculty award, chosen by Internal Medicine residents at Texas tech University health Sciences Center Odessa, 2014-2015
- Quality Service award by Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Permian Basin, 2013
- Best PGY-3 resident award at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2010