Faculty » Endocrinology
Rama Chemitiganti, MD
Subspecialty: Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Administrative Office: 432-703-5340
To Schedule Patient Appointments:
- Fellowship Training:
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Odessa, TX
- Residency Training:
Mount Vernon Hospital, New York Medical College, NY
- Medical School:
Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad, AP, India
Presentations and Publications:
- Beyond Work Hours: Measures of Stress in Internship. R Chemitiganti (Presenting author)
et.al. Presented at the 200th MSSNY Annual House of Delegates Meeting and 1st Research Symposium. April 2006
- Dancing related Spontaneous Pneumomediastinum in Healthy Young Women: A report of
two cases. R Chemitiganti (Presenting author) et.al. Presented at the 200th MSSNY Annual House of Delegates Meeting and 1st Research Symposium. April 2006
- Resident Participation in Monitoring Utilization of Inpatient Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- An Avenue to Enhance Core Competencies. R Chemitiganti (Presenting author) et.al.
Presented at the Society of General Internal Medicine 2006 Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting.
- Unfractionated Heparin Dosing for Successful Anticoagulation in Obese patients with
Venous Thromboembolism R Chemitiganti (Presenting author) et.al. Presented at the
Society of General Internal Medicine 2006 Mid-Atlantic Regional Meeting. March 2006
- A Sentinel Event and House-staff Research on Predictors of Prescription errors. R
Chemitiganti et.al. 2006 Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Geriatrics Society.
- Temporary Vascular Access for Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT): Predictors of resource
utilization in an inner city population. R. Chemitiganti (Presenting author), et.al.
11th Annual International Conference on CRRT, San Diego, CA March 2006 Blood Purif. 2006;
24:247-273. NLM ID: 8402040
- A case of fatal dementia and a house staff survey to identify barriers in recognizing
sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.R. Chemitiganti (Presenting author), et.al. 2nd
Annual AMA Resident and Fellow Section Annual Research Symposium November 3-5 2005
and Unusual presentation of an uncommon case of fatal dementia accepted for presentation
at the 2006 Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Geriatrics Society. May 2006
- New onset Diabetes mellitus in a patient with Miller Fisher syndrome and Campylobacter
jejuni gastroenteritis. Kirankumar Mangalpally, R.Chemitiganti. 2005 NYACP Upstate
- Left Ventricular Function in Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS): Data from Nuclear Ventriculography
Studies of Responses to Exercise and Postural Stress. Arnold Peckerman, R Chemitiganti,
Zhao C, Dahl K, Natelson BH, Zuckier L, Ghesani N, Wang S, Quigley K, Ahmed SS. The
FASEB Journal 2003; 17:A853. NLM ID: 8804484
- Abnormal Breathing Adjustments to Postural Stress in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Arnold
Peckerman, RV Chemitiganti (Presenting author), Marc Lavietes, Bushra H.Quereishi,
Michael Bergen, Benjamin H.Natelson. 6th International Conference on CFS, Fibromyalgia
and Related illnesses. Jan/Feb 2003.
- Posttraumatic Stress Contributes to Cardiovascular Dysregulation in Gulf War Veterans
with CFS. Arnold Peckerman, Kristina Dahl, Bushra Qureishi, R V Chemitiganti, John
E.Ottenweller, Benjamin Natelson. 6th International Conference on CFS, Fibromyalgia
and Related illnesses. Jan/Feb 2003.
- Abnormal Impedance Cardiography Predicts Symptom Severity in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Peckerman A, LaManca JJ, Dahl KA, R Chemitiganti, Quereishi B, Natelson BH. Am J Med
Sci. 2003 Aug; 326(2): 55-60. NLM ID: 0370506
- Effects of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder on Cardiovascular Stress Responses in Gulf
War Veterans with Fatiguing Illness. Peckerman A, Dahl K, R Chemitiganti, LaManca
JJ, Ottenweller JE, Natelson BH. Autonomic Neuroscience. 2003 Oct 31; NLM ID: 100909359
- Dean’s Research Award for the Permian Basin campus - 2010
- Dean’s Educational Innovation Award for the Permian Basin campus - 2009