- Graduate School: University of Oklahoma School of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK
- Undergraduatel School: University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- Undergraduate School: University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
Presentations and Publications:
- Kalman,J., McConathy, W.J., Araoz, C., Kasa, P., and Lacko, A.G. Apolipoprotein D in the Aging Brain and in Alzheimer's Dementia. Neurological Research, 22:330-336, 2000.
- Dickerman, R.D., McConathy, W.J., East, J.W., Smith, G.H. Middle Cerebral Artery Blood Flow Velocity During Maximal Weight-Lifting in Elite Power Athletes. Neurological Research, 22:337-340, 2000.
- McConathy, W.J., Dickerman, R.D., and Pertusi, R. Aminotransferase Elevations in a Bodybuilder Using Anabolic Steroids: Hepatitis or Rhamdomyolysis? JAOA, 101:391-394.,2001.
- Lane, D.M., McConathy, W.J., McCaffree, M.A., and Hall, M. Cord serum lipid and apolipoprotein levels in preterm infants with the neonatal respiratory syndrome (RDS). J Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine 11:118-125, 2002.
- Clearfield, M.B., Weis, S.E., Willis, J.M., Vasenius, K.. and McConathy, W.J. Lability of Serum LDL-Cholesterol Levels During Screening in Subgroup of Air Force/Texas Coronary Atherosclerosis Prevention Study (AFCAPS/TexCAPS) Cohort. JAOA, 102:377-384, 2002.
- Lacko, A.G., Nair, M., Paranjape, S., Johnson, S., and McConathy, W.J. High density lipoprotein complexes as delivery vehicles for cancer chemotherapy. Anti-Cancer 22:2045-2049, 2002.
- Dickerman RD, McConathy WJ, Nicole A. Pearl NA, Qualls E. Stevens QE, Schneider SJ The Standard of Care in Pediatric Cranial Fixation: A Survey of Pediatric Neurosurgeons J Craniofacial Surgery. 13:1-3, 2002.
- Stevens, QE, Dickerman, RD, McConathy, WJ, Schaller, F Aortic and Mitral Valve Thickening with Concentric Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in an Elite Bodybuilder: A Biochemical and/or Physiological Adaptation? Cardiology, 98: 159-162, 2002.
- Dickerman RD, McConathy WJ, Schneider SJ. Rapid Neurological Deterioration Associated with Minor Head Trauma in Chronic Hydrocephalus. Childs Nerv Syst 19:249-251,2003.
- Kohlmeier, Martin, McConathy, W.J., Lindell, Karen Cooksey, and Zeisel, Steven H. Adapting the contents of computer-based instruction based on knowledge tests maintains effectiveness of nutrition education. Am. J. Clin Nutr 77(Suppl):1025S-1027S, 2003.
- Urrutia-Rojas X, Menchaca J, Wadley W, Ahmad N, Lacko A, Bae S, Spellman C, Kudchodkar B, Kudolo G, and McConathy WJ. Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Mexican-Americans at Risk for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. J Adolescent Health 34 :290-9, 2004.
- Dickerman, RD, Morgan J, McConathy WJ, Schaller F, Medras M, Tworowska U, Dumanski A, Jozakow P and Dubinski A. The postoperative catabolic state: when do you intervene? Anaesthesia 60:514-16, 2005.
- Dickerman, RD, Zachariah, NY McConathy, WJ Age-Related Androgen Receptor Polymorphisms and Responsiveness. J Experimental Gerontology 40:359-360, 2005.
- Yurvati AH, Carnes MS, Clearfield, MB, Stoll ST, and McConathy, W.J. Hemodynamic Effects of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment Immediately Following Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery. JAOA 105:475-481, 2005.
- Clearfield MB, Downs JR, Lee M, Langendorfer A, McConathy W, and Gotto, Jr, AM. Implications from the Air Force/Texas Coronary Atherosclerosis Prevention Study for the Adult Treatment Panel III Guidelines. Am J Cardilogy 96:1674-1680, 2005.
- Dickerman RD, McConathy WJ, Morgan J, Stevens QE, Jolley JT, Schneider S, and Mittler MA. Failure Rate of Frontal Versus Parietal Approaches for Proximal Catheter Placement in Ventriculoperitoneal Shunts:Revisited J Clinical Neuroscience 12:781-783,2005.
- Lacko AG, Nair M, Paranjape S, Mooberry L, and Walter J. McConathy. Trojan Horse Meets Magic Bullet to Spawn a Novel, Highly Effective Drug Delivery Model. Chemotherapy, 52:171-173,2006
- Lackó A., Stewart D., McClain R, Prókai L and McConathy. Recent developments and patenting of lipoprotein based formulations. Recent Patents on Drug Delivery & Formulations 1, 143-145, 2007
- Lackó A., Stewart D., McConathy W. Repositioning of Anticancer Drugs Using Lipoprotein-based Formulations Touch Briefings. Drug Discovery 2007:47-48, 2007.
- McConathy WJ, Nair M, Paranjape S, Mooberry L, Lacko AG Evaluation of synthetic/reconstituted high density lipoproteins (rHDL) as delivery vehicles for paclitaxel. Anticancer Drugs. 2008 Feb;19(2):183-8.
- Linda K. Mooberry1, Maya Nair1, Sulabha Paranjape1, Walter J. McConathy2, andAndras G. Lacko. Receptor mediated uptake of paclitaxel from a synthetic high density lipoprotein nanocarrier. Journal of Drug Targeting, 2009, 1–6, iFirst
Grants and Contracts:
- McConathy W, Spellman CW, Chemitiganti R Decreased level of high density lipoprotein cholesterol [HDL-C] is mediated by a specific plasma protease. Center for Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke, TTUHSC Seed grant.
- Spellman C W. PI. Inflammation and type 2 diabetes in postmenopausal Hispanics in west Texas, LWBIWH seed grant W. McConathy (Co-Investigator). Title of Project: Delivery of siRNA and Drugs using Reconstituted HDL to Enhance Pancreatic β-Cell Function. 1RO1 DK0088100-01
- Principal Investigator: Walter J. McConathy, Ph.D., Co-Investigators: C. Spellman, G. Brackee, and A.Lacko. To resubmit.