Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Susan graduated from Wayland Baptist College (now University) in Plainview, Texas with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Mathematics, after which she taught Mathematics at a private school in her home town of Lubbock, Texas. She then worked on the TTU Lubbock campus, compiling the concordance for a research grant project under the Philosophy Department. Following this, she worked with both graduate and undergraduate students as Secretary for the Educational Psychology and Higher Education Departments in the College of Education on the TTU Lubbock campus, and later she was Secretary for the Military Science Department under the College of Arts and Sciences on that campus. She has also been the Secretary for Endocrinology, Rheumatology, and Infectious Diseases in the Lubbock TTUHSC Internal Medicine Department. In February of 2013, she accepted the position of Graduate Student Advisor with the Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences, and brings extensive clerical experience, including five years of servicing annuity contracts for the AIG/Western National Life office in Amarillo, Texas.
Susan will be working in the Graduate Program Office assisting students with the following:
- Preparing travel applications and vouchers
- Maintaining graduate student bios for the website
- Maintaining records of student publications/presentations/awards
- Preparing notices for the weekly graduate student seminars
- Reserving rooms for seminar practice, meetings, study groups, etc.
- Preparing/publishing the GPPS Agonist newsletter
- Purchasing supplies/maintaining graduate program account
- Assisting with New Student Orientation
- Maintaining graduate program equipment