Frequently Asked Questions
How do I order graduation announcements or an official class ring?
- The official Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center graduation announcements and class rings are available by Balfour through their web site at Balfour College or at: 1-877-225-3687. You may also pick up announcement forms in the Office of Student Services in room 2C400. Please allow 6-8 weeks of delivery time when ordering your announcements or class rings.
How do I enter my major when ordering announcements?
- When ordering announcements on Balfour's website, you select your degree level (i.e. Bachelor or Master of Science) and in the Other box you can enter your specialization (i.e. Speech, Languauge and Hearing Sciences, Clinical Laboratory Science, etc).
How do I order my cap and gown
- Prospective graduates may order their caps and gowns by filling out and turning in the Intent to Graduate. Bachelors and Masters candidates will receive a gown that they are allowed to keep and Doctoral candidates receive rental gowns.
What else do I need to fill out?
- Prospective graduates must fill out and turn in the Intent to Graduate to the Office of Student Services by February 1, 2011 for the May 2011 ceremony.
Is there assistance for a graduate who has physical disabilities?
- Certainly. The graduate should contact the Office of Student Services at: (806)743-2300 with this information.
Do we need tickets? Is there a limited amount of seating?
- No. Graduates may invite as many friends and family as they wish to the commencement ceremony. Seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis and saving seats for more than a few people is discouraged.
Is there a seating area at the United Spirit Arena for individuals who have physical handicaps?
- Yes. The graduate should contact the Office of Student Services at (806)743-2300, concerning this information.
What about hotel accommodations?
- We do not block hotel rooms for commencement. Anyone wishing for accommodations should make their own reservations. Please make sure you reserve the correct dates.
May I take photographs?
- The Office of Student Services has arranged for Candid Color Photography to take photographs of each graduate receiving his or her degree. They will also be available for those wishing to have a family photo taken with the new graduate. Photo proofs and purchase information will be mailed to the address the graduate has provided. For additional information please visit Candid Color Photography.
Where should I park and where is the Arena?
Is there a video of the ceremony?
- A DVD of the ceremony will be available to purchase two weeks after the ceremony date. Please check back on the Office of Student Services web site at that time.
Who do I need to contact about my school's convocation?
- Questions regarding each school's convocation should be addressed to the particular schools Student Affairs Office. Please refer to the Important Phone Numbers list.
How do I get copies of my diploma?
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center only issues 1 official copy of your diploma. You may request a black and white copy if you need extras. To replace a diploma, please refer to the Diploma Re-order Form.