TTUHSC School of Medicine Students Host Docs for a Day Minicamp
Estacado Early College High School Students Learn About Paths to Medical Careers
Screening for and diagnosing illnesses, injuries and other medical conditions was all in a day’s work for some high school students in Lubbock. Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center’s (TTUHSC) Student National Medical Association (SNMA) hosted Estacado Early College High School (EECHS) students at the Docs for a Day Minicamp Thursday (May 4) which included a wide range of clinical simulations.
The mission of the youth outreach activity was to inspire and inform the EECHS students by giving them a first-hand perspective into what medical students experience on the path to becoming healthcare professionals.
- ANGELICA NIBO - TTUHSC SNMA OUTREACH COORDINATOR CO-CHAIR
- DESTINY UGWA - TTUHSC SNMA PRESIDENT
- MOSES STEPHENSON - ESTACADO EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT
- Helena Siakam - ESTACADO EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT
- DOCS FOR A DAY B-ROLL
- HEIDI GONZALEZ - TTUHSC SNMA OUTREACH COORDINATOR CO-CHAIR - SPANISH INTERVIEW