Veterans & Military Benefits | Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
TTUHSC students walking through Lubbock campus courtyard.
veteran resource center spirit logo

Benefits Available to Veterans and Dependents

Veterans and dependents who are attending the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center may be eligible for one or more of the following benefit programs.


Applying for Benefits

Students may apply for federal and/or state benefits by following the instructions located on the Veterans Resource Center website, or by contacting the VRC at 806-743-7549 or 806-743-1957 or

General Disclosures

  • The Hazlewood Exemptions a student receives must be included in his/her financial aid package. If our office is notified of a student's participation in the Hazlewood Act after financial aid has already been packaged, the student's aid may be adjusted accordingly.
  • For students living in housing located on a military base or housing for which they receive a military housing allowance (Basic Allowance for Housing "BAH"), the room and board Cost of Attendance component shall include an allowance for board only. This applies to:

    independent students who receive, or whose spouse receives, a military housing allowance (BAH) or who lives on a military base; and

    dependent students who are living with parents who are receiving a military housing allowance (BAH)   or who live on a military base.
  • Students must be in compliance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy to be eligible for certain benefits.