The mission of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is to improve the
health of people by providing high quality educational opportunities to students and
health care professionals, advancing knowledge through scholarship and research, and
providing patient care and service.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center will become a nationally recognized health
- TTUHSC will foster the development of competent healthcare professionals and biomedical
- 1.1 Increase student enrollment in targeted academic programs.
- 1.2 Develop and enhance academic programs that reflect targeted healthcare education
- 1.3 Provide academic and student support services which promote student success across
- TTUHSC will recruit, develop, and retain outstanding employees.
- 2.1 Recruit, develop, and retain faculty who enhance the reputation of the university.
- 2.2 Recruit, develop, and retain qualified staff.
- TTUHSC will advance knowledge and healthcare practice through innovative research
- 3.1 Develop and enhance programs to facilitate an increase in externally funded,
peer-reviewed research that reflects a diversity of interests.
- TTUHSC will promote improved community health through the provision of patient care
services and healthcare education.
- 4.1 Improve access to quality health care and education among targeted populations.
- TTUHSC will operate effectively and efficiently through maximization of available
- 5.1 Maintain financial stability through efficient management of fiscal resources
and fundraising efforts.
- 5.2 Maintain appropriate technology to promote effective operations in a multi-campus
- 5.3 Operate and maintain a physical environment conducive to learning, research,
and patient care.
- 5.4 Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to accomplish the mission of the institution.