TTUHSC Human Resources
HSC Home HR Home

International Employment Services - Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-Immigrant Visas

IES handles all the immigration paperwork in-house on behalf of TTUHSC and TTUHSC-El Paso.  A Sponsoring Department or Foreign National may not hire outside counsel for preparation of any forms or applications on behalf of TTUHSC and TTUHSC-El Paso.

Departments and Schools hiring international personnel or hosting international visitors for short or longer-term projects will find there are several non-immigrant options. Below is a list of the most common non-immigrant visa types used at TTUHSC and TTUHSC-El Paso. Click on the links for more details on each option, or contact IES with any additional questions.

A "visa" is a stamp in the passport issued by a US Embassy or Consulate abroad.

"Status" refers to the immigration status the person has in the US, which may not match the visa. Status is indicated by the “I-94 Departure Record.”

The following is a list of most common Non Immmigrant Visas: