Numerous course offerings are available through Training and Staff Development (TSD). The following link (course descriptions) contains a list of courses offered at most locations. In addition, numerous online training courses and tutorials are also available. To view current course schedules or online training options, click on the TSD website for your location.
Training offered by TSD is available to all TTHUSC employees.
Typically there is no charge for any of the courses being offered by TSD although a charge may apply for specialty courses. Charges will be indicated if applicable.
Each location/department has its own unique training requirements so be sure check with your supervisor/manager to ensure you are meeting those requirements. In addition, the following training is required for all TTUHSC employees (faculty and staff to include student assistants) in accordance with federal/state regulations and/or TTUHSC Policies:
Due the 1st and 2nd day of employment:
New Employee Orientation (NEO): All hiring managers are highly encouraged to ensure the start date for new hires corresponds with NEO so that employees can attend NEO on their first and second day of employment. Training requirements listed below that are identified with an asterisk (*) are typically covered as part of NEO. NEO is offered the first and third Monday/Tuesday of each month (adjusted for holidays). To view current NEO schedules, click on the TSD website for your location.
Due within the first 10 days of employment:
Applicable New Employee Safety Training Courses (offered by Safety Services) http://www.ttuhsc.edu/Admin/safety/edu/NEO_Handout.pdf
Due within the first 5 days after completing New Employee Safety Orientation Program (NESOP) Level 1:
NESOP Level 2 (offered by Safety Services): http://www.ttuhsc.edu/HSC/OP/OP75/op7511e.pdf
Due within the first 30 days of employment:
- EEO/Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (Initial) - OP 51.01 & 70.14. If not completed as part of NEO, this course can be completed online at
- IT Security Awareness Training - OP 10.17 - If not completed as part of NEO, this course can be completed online at http://www.ttuhsc.edu/IT/training/.
- HIPAA Privacy Training- OP 10.17 - Covered in NEO.
- Compliance/Ethics - 10.07 & 10.08 - Covered in NEO.
Applicable Safety Training Courses (offered by Safety Services) http://www.ttuhsc.edu/Admin/safety/edu/NEO_Handout.pdf
Due every 2-years:
EEO/Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (Supplemental) - OP 51.01 & 70.14: Supplemental (refresher) training is required every 2 years. Classes offered annually from October - December. Online version can be completed at anytime. To view current EEO class schedules, click on the TSD website for your location.
- EEO / Sexual Harrasment (Employee/Resident/Student Version)
- EEO / Sexual Harrasment (Supervisor/Faculty Version)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This list will be updated periodically. Please check with your department for additional training requirements.
Item 8a - HSC OP 70.47 - Employee Training and Development:
Employee development is a responsibility of every supervisor and manager. Supervisors and managers are responsible for:
- providing employee's on-the-job training in the proper performance of tasks;
- providing a climate in which training and development of employees is encouraged;
- integrating an employee's growth and development needs with the goals and objectives of the institution;
- identifying opportunities for employee improvement and to benefit the institution; and
- releasing the employee for the full length of the program, encouraging
the employee's complete participation in the learning experience and
involving the employee with back-on-the-job application of knowledge,
behaviors and skills.
IMPORTANT: It is the responsibility of each supervisor and manager to ensure that employees comply with all institutional training requirements.
Item 8b - HSC OP 70.47 - Employee Training and Development:
Each employee is responsible for:
- Assisting in identifying opportunities for knowledge, behavior and skill development to improve on-the-job performance;
- Attending the full-length of the development program, and participating in all learning activities; and
- Applying gained knowledge, behavior and skills to their current job.
In addition, it is the responsibility of each employee to ensure that departmental approval has been granted prior to registering for a course.
Contact your local TSD representative and they will help you locate a resource to meet your needs.
Contact your campus TSD representative: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/hr/training/contacts.aspx