Internal Mailing Lists
Do you need to send a mailing to employees of Texas Tech? Mail Services can provide campus mail addresses for faculty and staff for TTUS, TTU, TTUHSC, and TTUHSCEP. The list can be tweaked by institution, city, division, department, school, job title or function. Call 806.743.2016 and let us customize a list for you!
The address lists are not available for the personal use or private gain by non-TTUHSC/TTU groups or for the advertisement of non-TTUHSC/TTU sponsored programs. Refer to HSC OP 70.35.
External Mailing Lists
Save money on mass mailings by cleansing the list and taking advantage of automation postage rates. Submit your list to the Printing Center and we’ll make sure the current USPS regulations are met to ensure that your mailing receives the best possible postage rate.
TTUHSC Printing Center has the ability to mail merge lists with text and/or graphics (including variable color and variable photo insertion!) on a variety of papers and envelopes. Individualized mailings can be produced as a self-mailer or letters and envelopes may be individually produced and matched. Envelopes are addressed using state of the art technology.
Variable data printing is also offered in a wide variety of fonts. Variable data usually contains several fields of information, such as name, address, area of study, housing preference, account number, amount owed, etc. This is ideal for customized flyers, letters, fulfillment services, surveys, statements and many other options. TTUHSC Printing Center has software that allows manipulation of variable data to customize output. Contact PrintingCenter@ttuhsc.edu or 806.743.2016 for additional information.
Permit Imprint Mailings
TTUHSC Mail Services–Lubbock is authorized by USPS to mail first-class presort, standard, or non-profit mail utilizing Permit #68 as follows:
- Before using an existing printed piece, Mail Services must check for compliance with USPS regulations, authorize use of the permit and confirm that the Permit 68 funds balance is adequate for the cost of the mailing.
- During the design of a new printed piece, departments must bring in a final draft of the mailing before production begins. Mail Services will check the mailing for compliance with mailing eligibility. If the piece meets eligibility requirements, Mail Services authorizes use of the permit; if not, suggestions will be made for compliance or information about correct mailing rates will be given.
- If a department uses Permit 68 for a mailing and does not use TTUHSC services for printing and/or addressing services, a permit use fee will be charged if not pre-qualified before submission for mailing.
- Each regional campus mail service is to control USPS Permits in a similar manner.
Mail services holds a permit with the U.S. Postal Service that allows HSC departments to mail large mailings (200 pieces or more) at first class, standard or non-profit rates. This service can offer substantial postage savings. Not all mailings are eligible for non-profit status. The basic guidelines for non-profit mailings are:
- All pieces in the mailing must have the same content and weight.
- All pieces in the mailing must have the official TTUHSC address as the return address.
- Mail pieces may not contain any advertisements for hotels, credit cards, airlines, insurance companies, or travel agents, any personal information*, any handwritten or typewritten matter, or any bills or statements of accounts.
- *Personal Information may not be included in a Standard mail piece unless all of the following conditions are met:
- The mail piece contains explicit advertising for a product or service for sale or lease or an explicit solicitation for a donation.
- All of the personal information is directly related to the advertising or solicitation.
- The exclusive reason for inclusion of all of the personal information is to support the advertising or solicitation in the mail piece.
In order to prevent mailings from being disqualified by the U.S. Postal Service as non-profit, we advise all departments considering a bulk mailing to provide Mail Services with a sample copy before printing.
An authorization to mail at the Nonprofit Standard Mail rates is a privilege reserved by law to authorized organizations. Civil and criminal penalties apply to false, fictitious or fraudulent statements made in connection with a Nonprofit Standard Mail mailing. In order to protect Permit 68, the following rules are in addition to those listed above:
- An authorized organization must not use the Nonprofit Standard Mail rates to send matter on behalf of or produced for an unauthorized organization or entity.
- An authorized organization must make sure that only its own matter is mailed under its Nonprofit Standard Mail authorization.
- An authorized organization must not “rent,” delegate or lend its Nonprofit Standard Mail authorization to any other person or organization.
- An authorized organization must make sure that a postage statement is presented with each mailing and that the signature of the postage statement certifies the eligibility of the mail for the Nonprofit Standard Mail rates.
- Any department using Permit 68 or TTUHSC Nonprofit mailing exemption without proper authorizations will lose their mailing privileges under these categories. It should be noted that the USPS does possess punitive authority in these matters.
NOTE: If a department uses Permit 68 for a mailing and does not use TTUHSC services for printing and/or addressing services, a permit use fee will be charged if not pre-qualified before submission for mailing.
We're here to help. Contact us if you have questions.