IPE Multimedia Contest
The Interprofessional Education (IPE) Multimedia Contest is open to all TTUHSC student organizations, with a limit of 2 entries per organization. Two or more student organizations are encouraged to work collaboratively to develop contest submissions. First and second place prizes will be awarded to the student organizations with the top scoring multimedia programs, as deemed by a panel of judges. The TTUHSC Office of Interprofessional Education sponsors the IPE Multimedia.
- Digital Arts
- IPE Videos
- Recorded Performances
- Visual Arts
- Video Skits
- Other Multimedia Programs
Entries for the IPE Multimedia Contest should address one of the following IPE priorities:
- Collaborative Practice
- Interprofessional Education
- Interprofessional Case Studies
- Interprofessional Communication
- Patient Safety
- Patient Centered Care
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Values and Ethics
- Other IPE or Collaborative Practice Theme
Contest entries with supporting documentation must be submitted to the TTUHSC Office of Interprofessional Education at 3601 4th Street, M/S, 6231 (Room 3B150G), Lubbock, TX 79430-6231. Entries can be delivered in person or mailed to the office from other campuses. Video formats need to be either mpeg4 or H.264 in .mov. Videos must be 720p - 1280 x 720 screen resolution. Any video entries should be between 30 seconds and five minutes in length.
1. Entries MUST BE RECEIVED BY March 31, 2020. Any entries received after this time WILL NOT be considered for this contest cycle. The TTUHSC Office of Interprofessional Education does not accept responsibility for late or lost entries.
2. No entry fee!
3. All entries must be original works.
4. The IPE Multimedia Contest Entry Form must be completed and submitted with the multimedia entry.
5. One TTUHSC student must be designated as the contact person for every entry. In addition, the IPE Multimedia Contest Entry Form must include the name, cell phone number, and TTUHSC e-mail address of the student who can be contacted about the entry, if needed.
6. A TTUHSC Consent and Release to Use Image or Information is required from EACH person appearing in the multimedia entry, as well as those involved in the production of the entry either by image or voice. This consent and release assures that those involved know that the entry may be shown publicly without further consent required. The release(s) must accompany the IPE Multimedia Contest Entry Form and multimedia entry.
7. Judging will be by a panel of TTUHSC faculty and staff.
8. Written permission must be obtained for all copyrighted or trademarked materials.
9. All contest entries must comply with these official rules.
During the contest judging period, submissions will be judged on the following criteria. In case of a tie, cumulative points awarded for potential to enhance IPE and collaborative practice competencies will break tied submissions. If tie continues, then tie(s) will be broken by the submission with highest cumulative point score in the second criteria, continuing thereafter to the third and fourth criteria, as needed, to break the tie. Each entry will be scored on a 100-point scale. The judging panel will use the following criteria:
- 30 points: Potential to enhance IPE and collaborative practice competencies
- 30 points: Interprofessionalism
- 20 points: Innovation, creativity, and originality
- 20 points: Engagement, entertainment, and emotional value
A total of three awards will be given. All prizes will be awarded to TTUHSC student organization(s) and not to individual students.
- Grand Prize: $700
- Second Prize: $250
- Third Prize: $100
Please note that prizes are subject to change. The TTUHSC Office of Interprofessional Education reserves the right to not select a winner or winners if entries received are judged to be of insufficient quality.
Potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone by May 1, 2020 and may be requested to complete documents required by the competition.
We're here to help. Contact us if you have questions.
Office of Interprofessional Education
(806) 743 - 2028