Being mindful of our financial decision-making in order to live within our means, discern between needs and wants, and manage short- and long-term financial goals.
- Create and maintain a budget
- Differentiate between your true needs and your wants
- Practice delaying gratification to limit impulsivity
- Read a book or attend a seminar on financial management
- Create a savings account and add to it routinely
Tips for Financial Wellness:
- Develop a conscious, intentional relationship with money; know your income and be
aware of your expenses; strive to pay expenses and credit card balances on time.
- Avoid “emotional spending”, which results in impulse buying and poor stewardship of
- Check your credit report once each year. The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires
credit reporting companies to give you a free copy of your credit report once every
12 months, at your request.