Utilizing our skills and talents to obtain personal satisfaction and meaning through work.
- Identify what you like and appreciate about your work
- Accept that no occupation or career is perfect
- Explore ways to better manage work-related challenges
- Seek opportunities to expand work-related knowledge and skills
- Encourage your co-workers; seek to improve their experiences
Tips for Occupational Wellness:
- Try to establish and maintain a healthy balance between your work life and activities
that involve leisure and fun; as the proverb goes, “All work and no play makes Jack
a dull boy (or Jill a dull girl).”
- Give support to co-workers or colleagues who appear to be struggling to be their best;
a supportive work environment contributes to occupational wellness.
- Beware of occupational burnout, which seriously threatens wellness; if in the early
stages, seek help, but if the feelings persist, consider exploring a change.