Understanding and caring for our body through a healthy diet and regular physical activity, including the avoidance of behaviors which impair optimal performance.
- Engage in regular physical activity (at least 30 minutes 3x per week)
- Get 6-8 hours of sleep and keep a regular sleep schedule
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated; use sun screen when outdoors
- Use alcohol in moderation, if you choose to drink
- Get checkups; seek medical help when needed
Tips for Physical Wellness:
- Gym workouts are great, but exercise is more than just that; to get some valuable
exercise, take the stairs, walk at a brisker pace, park farther away, do some stretches
or squats, or keep a few small weights in your desk.
- Stand more and sit less, at work and at home; standing has benefits similar to walking
and they include increasing energy and blood flow, burning calories, improving posture,
and toning muscles.
- Try to incorporate yoga into your life; this can be done at home with a book, a DVD,
or in a group setting in a class.