Please review the following requirements carefully in order to apply for any of the programs within the School of Nursing. Applicants should also check the websites of the programs to which they are applying to determine if the programs have any additional requirements.
International students with F1 and F2 status are not eligible to apply to an online program.
NOTE: Please use your name as it appears on your passport on your application and all other communication with TTUHSC School of Nursing.
FOR ALL UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS (TRADITIONAL BSN, RN-BSN, AND ACCELERATED BSN)
Do not send international transcripts to the School of Nursing. Transcripts from schools outside the United States must be evaluated by a Foreign Credential Service. The school requires course-by-course evaluations and will accept evaluated transcripts and diploma information from the following services:
FOR ALL GRADUATE PROGRAMS (MSN, POST-MASTER’S CERTIFICATE, BSN TO DNP, AND POST-MASTER’S DNP)
We only require a foreign transcript evaluation if the degree needed to enroll in the program is from outside the United States. For example, if you are applying to the MSN or BSN to DNP program and your BSN degree is from outside the United States or if you are applying to the Post-Master’s Certificate or Post-Master’s DNP program and your MSN degree is from outside the United States.
If you do need to submit a foreign transcript evaluation for any of the graduate programs, please note that we require an official Credential Evaluation Service Academic Report from CGFNS, Inc. You can find information on ordering on the CGFNS International website.
For questions, please contact the School of Nursing Office of Admissions at (806) 743-9294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proof of English Proficiency
Applicants that are not US Citizens and do not qualify for exceptions (see below) must submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) www.toefl.org - The minimum TOEFL score required is 550 (paper-based version) or 79 (internet-based version). The TOEFL score must be received directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS); Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center’s institutional code is 6851. TOEFL scores are valid for only two years.
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) www.ielts.org - The minimum IELTS required score is an overall band score of 6.5 on the Academic version; IELTS General Training results are not acceptable. There is no IELTS institution code for Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. IELTS scores are valid for only two years.
- Duolingo English Test www.duolingo.com (Online examination) - The minimum requirement Duolingo score is 100. Applicants for undergraduate programs should submit scores to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing Undergraduate Programs. Applicants for graduate programs should submit scores to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing Graduate Programs.
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic; PTE Academic) - The minimum required PTE Academic score is 60. PTE General and PTE Young Learners results are not acceptable. There no PTE Academic institution code for TTUHSC. PTE Academic scores are valid for only two years.
- Cambridge CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficient in English; CPE) - The minimum required Cambridge CPE grade is C. There is no institutional code for the Cambridge CPE. The Cambridge CPE is valid for life.
- Cambridge CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English; CAE) - The minimum required Cambridge CAE grade is B. There is no institutional code for the Cambridge CAE. The Cambridge CAE is valid for life.
English Proficiency Testing Waivers and Country Specific Exemptions:
- Applicant attended four (4) consecutive long semesters (fall and spring terms) of credit-bearing/non-development/non- ESL courses at an accredited post-secondary school in the U.S.
- Applicant attended two (2) consecutive years of high school in the United States.
- Applicant attended two (2) consecutive years of high school with U.S. accreditation or within an English proficiency exempt country
- Applicants from the below English proficiency exempt countries (must provide proof with passport):
- American Samoa
- Canada (except the Province of Quebec)
- Commonwealth Caribbean Countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- British Virgin Islands*
- Cayman Islands
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
- Republic of Ireland
- Federated States of Micronesia Islands
- New Zealand
- Saint Helena
- South Africa
- United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales)
- United States
- Virgin Islands
Upon acceptance to the School of Nursing, the international student must furnish original documents or official certified copies indicating the nature and scope of their educational program, as well as citizenship, finance and visa information. These documents should be sent to the Office of International Affairs.
Ruby Oku, Lead Advisor
TTUHSC Student Affairs