Quality Improvement Review
Quality Improvement Review
Students, faculty and staff across TTUHSC are engaging in Quality Improvement (QI) projects that involve the systematic collection and analysis of data implementation of interventions to improve the quality of clinical care and/or educational programs. The Quality Improvement Review Board (QIRB) was established to promote the safe and efficient conduct of QI initiatives while also protecting the persons (patients, students, or employees) who are participants in QI interventions. A formal review process for QI projects will ensure a) data collection and involvement of humans associated with the QI project indeed meet QI standards; and b) the project does not require Institutional Review Board (IRB) review and oversight.
Toni Denison, MS, CPHQ
Director of Quality Improvement Review
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement is the premiere resource for Quality Improvement. You can find free training, educational videos, templates, and many other valuable resources.
- Exemplar Project Applications: These two project examples have been provided to show examples of very well written, real-life quality improvement project applications submitted by TTUHSC students.
- QI vs. Research Chart
- QI vs. Research Comparison Example: In these examples, the same general concept has been written as a research protocol, then re-written as a QI project, in order to illustrate how QI and Research projects are different.
- Ethical Requirements for the Protection of Human Participants in QI Activities: This chart is from: "The Hastings Report on the Ethics of Quality Improvement Studies"
- SQUIRE 2.0 Guidelines: Many journals require you to submit manuscripts based on these guidelines.
- QI Journals: A list of journals that publish work related to quality improvement.
Many journals allow multiple types of projects to be published. Check author guidelines and skim through the journal to see if QI projects were published.
|Itxia Acevedo, MPAS, PA-C||Assistant Professor, Physician Assistant Program||Midlandemail@example.com|
|Cindy Acton, DNP, RN, NEA-BC (Chairperson)||MSN Administration Program Director||Lubbockfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Blanton, PhD||Professor, Pharmacology and Neuroscience||Lubbockemail@example.com|
|Jeff Dennis, PhD||Associate Professor, Department of Public Health||Lubbock||Jeff.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Whitney Haugland, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, CEN, CPEN||Director, 24-Hour Urgent Care, University Medical Center||Lubbock||Whitney.Haugland@ttuhsc.edu|
|Lara Johnson, MD||Associate Professor, Pediatrics||Lubbockemail@example.com|
|Misty Miller, DPT||Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy||Amarillofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Steven Pass, PharmD||Professor, Pharmacy Practice||Dallasemail@example.com|
|Lacy Phillips, DNP, RN, CPHQ||Director, Performance Improvement||Lubbockfirstname.lastname@example.org|