It is important that you carefully plan and prepare for your first week(s) at TTUHSC before your classes begin. Plan before you arrive since you will have many things to get done before your first day of class.
One of the first things you must do in order to remain legal in the US as an F-1 student is to check-in with your international student counselor in International Student Services. You can make the appointment even before you depart your home country or the place where you may currently living in the US (transfer students).
You should check-in before your first day of classes.
Note: This is a serious and important requirement. If you fail to check-in with your international student counselor after arriving in the US or transferring to TTUHSC, you will be considered out of status (illegally present) by the US government.
Please be sure to follow your School's guidance on their respective student orientation guidelines. If you have questions, reach out to your School's Student Affairs office.
All international students must attend new international student orientation.
If you have purchased TTUHSC's student health insurance plan, you can print your insurance card online on the AETNA website. The insurance fee will appear on your bill 24-48 hours after you register for courses.
All international students enrolled in classes at TTUHSC are required to maintain student health insurance which complies with TTUHSC OP 77.03. For more information about this insurance, visit: Student Health Insurance Information.
Your bill will be available after you register for classes and there are payment plan options. All information and questions related to billing should be directed to:
You will use your student ID card for a large variety of purposes during your time at TTUHSC. Examples include:
- Entering buildings and spaces within TTUHSC facilities.
- Admittance to the Recreation Center (Lubbock only)
- Admittance to the TTU athletic events (Lubbock only)
Your School will share information on obtaining your ID badge and you will find additional information on the TTUHSC campus resources page.
- Obtain a Student Parking Permit, if you own a vehicle.
- Open a Bank Account in the US.
- Connecting to Campus Wi-Fi. Use your eRaider username and password to log on.
- Apply for a Texas State ID or Driver's License.
- View Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Maps.
- Connect with International Student Services with any questions, concerns, and opportunities to get involved