*Applications will only be accepted during the dates listed on the home page prior to the start of each semester session. Applications submitted before or after the listed dates will be rejected.
Step 1 Request an application packet
Request an application packet via email:
Step 2 Application Processing
Applications will only be accepted typewritten, in electronic format, via email to the volunteer services email inbox.
- Submission of a complete application packet meeting all program requirements
- Consent to a criminal background check and obtain clearance
- Complete an online safety training course
- Complete the required immunizations and be cleared by the HSC Employee Health RN
Applicants found to be in need of any immunizations will be required to obtain them during the processing period at their own expense. Failure to complete immunization requirements within the processing period will result in application denial.
Step 3 Application Approval and Scheduling
- Attend a new volunteer orientation session (Offered at the start of each session)
- Work with Volunteer Services to schedule your service dates and locations.
- Begin volunteering or shadowing in the scheduled location.
Renewing Your Status with Volunteer Services
Volunteers will need to renew their status each calendar year after being accepted into the program.
Clinical Shadowing Interns will need to apply for each semester session in which they are interested in participating.
- Updated TB Skin Test and Flu Vaccine documentation
- Update HIPAA Training and sign a new Confidentiality Statement.
Please direct renewal questions to Mr. Braden Cook in Volunteer Services:
Office Hours: By Appointment
Medical Pavilion 1010A (Patient Services Office)