Experiential and Professional Continuing Education
Thank you for visiting the TTUHSC Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy Office of Continuing Education. We hope to provide you with information about our live continuing pharmacy education programs as well as a collection of home study course options. Please use the navigation links on the left to learn more about our programs.
Continuing Pharmacy Education Mission
As part of the Office of Experiential Programs, the continuing education initiatives include identifying the educational needs of pharmacists with a focus on Pharmacist preceptor education.
Continuing Pharmacy Education exists to serve the educational needs of practicing pharmacists and pharmacy technicians nationwide. The Mission of the Office of Continuing Education is to produce quality CPE programs that enhance the knowledge and skills of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians through knowledge, application and certificate programs.
By utilizing, innovative advanced technology the Office’s CPE programs span across the nation reaching several locations simultaneously. This technology assists more pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in maintaining their basic knowledge as well as, learning new advances in comprehensive medication use management, AIDS therapy, pharmacy law, general pharmacy, patient safety and preceptor training to include an interprofessional audience.
Furthermore, the Office of Continuing Education ensures the quality of educational programs by adhering to guidelines and standards set forth by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, (ACPE).
Continuing Pharmacy Education Goals
As part of the Experiential Program Office, the continuing education initiatives include identifying the educational needs of pharmacist with a focus on Pharmacist preceptor education to provide continued development of the knowledge and skills needed to teach and challenge students, providing to them the best educational learning experience while ensuring the delivery of optimal patient care.
The goals for continuing education are:
- To enhance quality and accessibility of Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician education and training activities offered.
- Develop continuing education activities utilizing innovative mediums;
- Become nationally and internationally recognized for our preceptor development activities.
- To provide affordable and practical pharmacy education in addition to precepting activities, through sole accreditation or joint-provider accreditation on a wide range of topics including: Pharmacy Law, Immunization Certification, Sterile Compounding Certification, Prescribing and Monitoring of Controlled Substances, Mental Health, Pain Management, General Pharmacy, and Patient Safety that will satisfy an individual’s personal and professional goals as well as, requirements set by their respective state boards.
- Utilize pre-assessments and surveys to measure the outcomes of activities, including the prior knowledge of the participant on the given subject matter, quality of speakers, educational setting, activity content, and the effect on the participant’s practice and/or patient care following the activity.
- Employ advanced technology as a teaching method to connect locations across the nation for simultaneous live learning as well as, computer-based activities with an international reach.
Notice: You must submit your NABP eProfile ID and DOB (MMDD) to receive credit for any continuing education programs taken through the TTUHSC Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy Continuing Education office. For more information and to register for your eProfile ID, please visit the NABP eMonitor site.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy is an accredited provider of Continuing Education by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
For information regarding Continuing Education, please contact Jean Haynes (email@example.com)