Pharmacy Residency Programs
PGY1 Pharmacy Residencies
PGY1 Program Purpose: PGY1 pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
- PGY1 Pharmacy, BSA Health System, Amarillo
- PGY1 Pharmacy, Covenant Health System, Lubbock
- PGY1 Pharmacy, Hendrick Health System, Abilene - Information Brochure
- PGY1 Pharmacy, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth - Information Brochure
- PGY1 Pharmacy, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
PGY2 Pharmacy Residencies
PGY2 Program Purpose: PGY2 pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and PGY1 pharmacy residency programs to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists in specialized areas of practice. PGY2 residencies provide residents with opportunities to function independently as practitioners by conceptualizing and integrating accumulated experience and knowledge and incorporating both into the provision of patient care or other advanced practice settings. Residents who successfully complete an accredited PGY2 pharmacy residency are prepared for advanced patient care, academic, or other specialized positions, along with board certification, if available.
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency, Amarillo
- PGY2 Geriatric Pharmacy Residency, Dallas
- PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Residency, UT Southwestern, Dallas
- PGY2 Psychiatric Pharmacy Residency, Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas - Watch Program Video