Funding your Education
The Financial Aid Process
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) constitutes the basic financial aid application and is required if you wish to be considered for all federal, state or university financial aid and scholarships. The FAFSA must be submitted once per school year. Each new aid year at TTUHSC starts with the summer semester.
Please note the following information when submitting your FAFSA:
Texas Tech University is a separate institution from the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. If your plans include transferring from TTU to TTUHSC, you will need to complete the TTUHSC financial aid process.
The TTUHSC federal school code is 016024.
Students are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to enter tax information.
- The 2021-2022 FAFSA is available to complete as of October 1, 2020.
- The 2021-2022 FAFSA covers the summer 2021, fall 2021 and spring 2022 semesters.
- The 2020-2021FAFSA is available to complete as of October 1, 2019.
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA covers summer 2020, fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
TASFA - Texas Application for State Financial Aid
Students who do not meet the eligible noncitizen requirements for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA), can still complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). While TTUHSC does not have any institutional financial aid to offer students, the TASFA application is required for international students applying for or receiving any HSC Scholarships.
Completed TASFA applications may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have submitted the FAFSA, your Student Aid Report (SAR) will indicate if additional supporting documents may be required for verification, and these documents will vary for each student.
Even if the student is not selected for verification, additional information may be requested to complete the student's file. All students applying for financial aid will be asked to complete the Expected Enrollment Questionnaire.
All requests for additional documents or information will be sent to the student's TTUHSC email account. To view and complete any additional documents or information, please follow these instructions.
Login to WebRaider and select the HSC MyTECH tab.
- Scroll to the Manage My Finances section and select "Documentation Requested and Submitted".
- Select "Student Requirements".
- Select the appropriate aid year from the drop down menu and click "Submit".
- Complete items listed in a "required" status.
**Please include the student's student ID (R#) at the top of all documents you submit to our office. The forms and data should all be legible and must be received by the specified deadline. If citizenship documentation is required, be sure to read the instructions provided through WebRaider. Failure to submit all required information and documents could result in a delay of financial funding.
Once the student has completed their financial aid file the student will receive a financial aid offer notice via their TTUHSC email account. The notice will include a link to WebRaider, where the student can view and accept their financial aid offers.
TTUHSC Student Financial Aid begins processing financial aid offers in April of each year for the upcoming school year. TTUHSC school years begin with the summer semester.
Per the instructions in the financial aid offer notice, you may view and accept your offers by following these instructions:
- Login to WebRaider and select the "HSC MYTech" tab.
- Scroll to the "Manage My Finances" section and select "View/Accept Aid Package".
- Select the appropriate aid year and click "Submit".
- Select the "Accept Award Offer" tab.
- Accept the aid you wish to receive and click "Submit Decision". (Grants are automatically accepted and there is no action required by the student.)
- If you accept a student loan, please visit Federal Student Aid - Manage Loans to complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.
The Financial Aid Office will begin disbursing financial aid to students' tuition and fee accounts approximately 10 days prior to the start of classes each semester. Students must be enrolled at least half-time, have accepted their aid and completed all of the necessary requirements for disbursements to occur.
Students may accept any of their remaining loan eligibility by logging into the WebRaider portal and accessing their financial award offer. If a student originally declined a loan offer and would now like to accept some of the funds, please email Financial.Aid@ttuhsc.edu and request your loan offers be reopened. Please be sure to include your name and R# in the email. Students may accept funds up until the week before their semester ends.
Short Term/Emergency Tuition Loans
Short term loans are offered to all students currently enrolled through the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, except those students who are within 30 days of their graduation date. The Emergency Tuition Loan is intended to pay the total cost of tuition and fees. Short Term Loans are also available to buy books and supplies, or for other living expenses. Both types of loans have a maximum repayment timeframe of 90 days. Short Term/Emergency Tuition Loans
Student Financial Aid Survey Information
Student Orientation Presentations
- Biomedical Sciences Financial Aid Orientation
- School of Nursing
- School of Medicine Financial Aid Orientation
- Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy
- Future Healthcare Professionals
- SHP UG/GR Orientation
- MSIV Orientation
- Biomedical Sciences
- School of Health Professions Scholarships
- School of Medicine Scholarships
- School of Nursing Scholarships
- Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy Scholarships
- Employee's Dependent Scholarship
Below are the financial aid disbursement dates for students whose financial aid files are complete and who have accepted their awards. These are the dates financial aid will post to the students' tuition accounts. Logon to WebRaider to check file status and to view & accept awards.
Summer 2021 Disbursements
|School of Health Professions (updated 04/05/2021)||Date|
|Full Summer Semester||May 15, 2021|
|1st Summer Start||May 15, 2021|
|2nd Summer Start||June 26, 2021|
|School of Nursing||Date|
|RN to BSN, Accelerated Nursing||May 1, 2021|
|Traditional and Graduate Nursing||May 9, 2021|
|School of Pharmacy||Date|
|P4||May 14, 2021|
|P1, P2, P3 enrolled at least halftime (3hrs)||Mar 14, 2021|
|Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences||Date|
|GBS and GPH||May 15, 2021|
|GMD||May 28, 2021|
|School of Medicine|
Fall 2021 Disbursements
|School of Medicine||Date|
|MSIV||June 11, 2021|
|MSIII||June 26, 2021|
|MSII, MS1, FMAT II||July 23, 2021|
|School of Pharmacy|
|P1, P2, P3 and P4||August 6, 2021|
|Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences|
|GMD||July 30, 2021|
|GBS and GPH||August 6, 2021|
|School of Health Professions|
|Full term||August 7, 2021|
|HP1 (Fall 1 term)||August 7, 2021|
|HP2 (Fall 2 term)||October 4, 2021|
|School of Nursing|
|RN to BSN, Accelerated Nursing||August 22, 2021|
|Traditional and Graduate Nursing||August 28, 2021|
Please allow 3-5 business days for refunds to be processed (please allow extra time due to the holidays). If you have questions regarding your refund status, please contact Student Business Services at 806-743-7867 and select option #1 or emailSBS1@ttuhsc.edu.
Receive notifications via email or text when your financial aid is disbursed and/or when exemptions and waivers are applied to your individual student account.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The 2021-2022 FAFSA is available to complete beginning October 1, 2020. The 2021-2022 FAFSA covers the summer 2021, fall 2021 and spring 2022 semesters.
- The 2020-2021FAFSA is available to complete as of October 1, 2019.
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA covers the summer 2020, fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
- TTUHSC Scholarships are awarded by each school.
- TTUHSC Financial Aid Office does not award any scholarships.
- Click here to view school specific and outside scholarship opportunities.
The TTUHSC Financial Aid Office abides by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrator's code of conduct.
CARES Act Information
In compliance with the Certification and Agreement for HEERF Funds of the CARES Act, below is information for TTUHSC.
HSC has received funds from HEERF II as a result of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA) to assist students with emergency costs that arise due to Coronavirus such as but not necessarily limited to: tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental), child care.
Priority consideration will be given to those students:
- Demonstrating financial need as defined by submitting a 2020-2021 FAFSA application and
- Who were enrolled at TTUHSC during the Spring 2021 semester.
Students with a Zero EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) were emailed on 3/22/21 to apply. Additional students will be notified to apply via email if funding remains available.
- Please note that non-degree seeking, non-dual credit, dual enrollment, continuing education students and students exclusively enrolled in distance education are eligible for this round of funding.
- DACA, undocumented or international students are not eligible at this time.
- Due to limited funding HSC may not be able to fund at 100% of each student’s request.
Decisions will be communicated in writing via email to student’s TTUHSC email address.
Please allow 10 business days from the time the application is submitted for processing.
Emergency Grant funds will be paid directly to the student. We recommend setting up direct deposit so that your funds can be transferred to you as quickly as possible. Direct Deposit information can be found here: http://www.fiscal.ttuhsc.edu/studentbusserv/faqs.aspx#directdeposit.