Funding your Education
In order to minimize unnecessary contact as part of the public health solution to COVID-19, all HSC Student Affairs offices will be working remotely until further notice. To contact our offices, please click "contact us" in the left side links or below. Thank you for your understanding as we work together to support our university while making the required transition to reduce our on-campus workforce.The Office of Financial Aid is committed to excellence and our staff is here to serve current and future students of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. We know the financial aid process can be confusing. Should you have any questions at any point during the application process, please feel free to Contact Us.
The Financial Aid Process
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) constitutes the basic financial aid application and is required if you wish to be considered for all federal, state or university financial aid and scholarships. The FAFSA must be submitted once per school year. Each new aid year at TTUHSC starts with the summer semester.
Please note the following information when submitting your FAFSA:
Texas Tech University is a separate institution from the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. If your plans include transferring from TTU to TTUHSC, you will need to complete the TTUHSC financial aid process.
The TTUHSC federal school code is 016024.
Students are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to enter tax information.
- The 2020-2021FAFSA is available to complete as of October 1, 2019.
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA covers summer 2020, fall 2020 and spring 2021.
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA closed June 30, 2020.
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA covers the summer 2019, fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters.
Once you have submitted the FAFSA, your Student Aid Report (SAR) will indicate if additional supporting documents may be required for verification, and these documents will vary for each student.
Even if the student is not selected for verification, additional information may be requested to complete the student's file. All students applying for financial aid will be asked to complete the Expected Enrollment Questionnaire.
All requests for additional documents or information will be sent to the student's TTUHSC email account. To view and complete any additional documents or information, please follow these instructions.
Login to WebRaider and select the HSC MyTECH tab.
- Scroll to the Manage My Finances section and select "Documentation Requested and Submitted".
- Select "Student Requirements".
- Select the appropriate aid year from the drop down menu and click "Submit".
- Complete items listed in a "required" status.
**Please include the student's student ID (R#) at the top of all documents you submit to our office. The forms and data should all be legible and must be received by the specified deadline. If citizenship documentation is required, be sure to read the instructions provided through WebRaider. Failure to submit all required information and documents could result in a delay of financial funding.
Once the student has completed their financial aid file the student will receive an award notice via their TTUHSC email account. The notice will include a link to WebRaider, where the student can view and accept their financial aid offers.
Per the instructions in the financial aid offer notice, you may view and accept your offers by following these instructions:
- Login to WebRaider and select the "HSC MYTech" tab.
- Scroll to the "Manage My Finances" section and select "View/Accept Aid Package".
- Select the appropriate aid year and click "Submit".
- Select the "Accept Award Offer" tab.
- Accept the aid you wish to receive and click "Submit Decision". (Grants are automatically accepted and there is no action required by the student.)
- If you accept a student loan, please visit Federal Student Aid - Manage Loans to complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.
The Financial Aid Office will begin disbursing financial aid to students' tuition and fee accounts approximately 10 days prior to the start of classes each semester. Students must be enrolled at least half-time, have accepted their aid and completed all of the necessary requirements for disbursements to occur.
Students may accept any of their remaining loan eligibility by logging into the WebRaider portal and accessing their financial award offer. If a student originally declined a loan offer and would now like to accept some of the funds, please email Financial.Aid@ttuhsc.edu and request your loan offers be reopened. Please be sure to include your name and R# in the email. Students may accept funds up until the week before their semester ends.
Short Term/Emergency Tuition Loans
Short term loans are offered to all students currently enrolled through the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, except those students who are within 30 days of their graduation date. The Emergency Tuition Loan is intended to pay the total cost of tuition and fees. Short Term Loans are also available to buy books and supplies, or for other living expenses. Both types of loans have a maximum repayment timeframe of 90 days. Short Term/Emergency Tuition Loans
Student Financial Aid Survey Information
Student Orientation Presentations
- Biomedical Sciences Financial Aid Orientation
- School of Nursing
- School of Medicine Financial Aid Orientation
- Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy
- Future Healthcare Professionals
- SHP UG/GR Orientation
- MSIV Orientation
- Biomedical Sciences
- School of Health Professions Scholarships
- School of Medicine Scholarships
- School of Nursing Scholarships
- Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy Scholarships
- Employee's Dependent Scholarship
Below are the financial aid disbursement dates for students whose financial aid files are complete and who have accepted their awards. These are the dates financial aid will post to the students' tuition accounts. Logon to WebRaider to check file status and to view & accept awards.
Summer 2020 Disbursements
|School of Health Professions||Date|
|Full Summer Semester||May 16, 2020|
|1st Summer Start||May 16, 2020|
|2nd Summer Start||June 26, 2020|
|School of Nursing||Date|
|RN to BSN, Accelerated Nursing||May 1, 2020|
|Traditional and Graduate Nursing||May 10, 2020|
|School of Pharmacy||Date|
|P2, P3 and P4||May 16, 2020|
|Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences||Date|
|GBS and GPH||May 17, 2020|
|GMD||May 29, 2020|
|School of Medicine|
|FMAT 2nd year||May 29, 2020|
Fall 2020 Disbursements
|School of Medicine||Date|
|MSIV, MSIII & FMAT III (loans will disburse 7/1/20)||June 26, 2020|
|MSII, FMAT II, MSI||July 24, 2020|
|School of Pharmacy|
|P1, P2, P3 and P4||August 7, 2020|
|Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences|
|GMD||August 1, 2020|
|GBS and GPH||August 7, 2020|
|School of Health Professions|
|Full term||August 8, 2020|
|HP1 (Fall 1 term)||August 8, 2020|
|HP2 (Fall 2 term)||October 5, 2020|
|School of Nursing|
|RN to BSN, Accelerated Nursing||August 23, 2020|
|Traditional and Graduate Nursing||August 29, 2020|
Please allow 3-5 business days for refunds to be processed (please allow extra time due to the holidays). If you have questions regarding your refund status, please contact Student Business Services at 806-743-7867 and select option #1 or email SBS1@ttuhsc.edu.
Receive notifications via email or text when your financial aid is disbursed and/or when exemptions and waivers are applied to your individual student account.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The 2020-2021FAFSA is available to complete as of October 1, 2019.
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA covers the summer 2020, fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
- The 2019-2020FAFSA
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA covers the summer 2019, fall 2020 and spring 2020 semesters.
- TTUHSC Scholarships are awarded by each school.
- TTUHSC Financial Aid Office does not award any scholarships.
- Click here to view school specific and outside scholarship opportunities.
The TTUHSC Financial Aid Office abides by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrator's code of conduct.
CARES Act Information
For more information on the CARES Act please click here
CARES Act Thirty Day Report and Disclosure
- An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- TTUHSC submitted the certification and agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants on April 22, 2020.
- TTUHSC has received $897,316
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
- As of 9/15/2020, $897,316 has been distributed to TTUHSC Students
- An additional $20,800 has been disbursed from the Institutional portion of the CARES Funding.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- TTUHSC Estimates that 2178 students were eligible to apply for CARES funding.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to
students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- As of 9/15/2020, 978 TTUHSC Students received funding
- An additional 13 students received funding from the Institutional portion of the CARES Funding.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- To be eligible for CARES funding at TTUHSC, students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled during the spring 2020 term in an eligible academic program
- Not enrolled in a distance education program
- Have filed a complete and/or verified 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Does not owe a refund for any federal student aid or are not in default on federal student loans
- Are a US Citizen or other eligible Title IV eligible noncitizen