School of Health Professions Strategic Plan - 2024
The TTUHSC School of Health Professions will be a premier school that uses innovation and collaboration across education, scholarship, and clinical care for West Texas communities and beyond.
The mission of the TTUHSC School of Health Professions is to enhance the quality of life of those we serve by delivering exemplary holistic student-centered education and cultivating research opportunities, while championing interprofessional and clinical care partnerships that are innovative and relevant to the communities we serve.
Provide effective and innovative educational experiences to all students.
Promote and support innovative and effective teaching and learning approaches accessible to all students.
- Train and support faculty to deliver all course content with universal design and accessibility.
- Develop mechanisms for innovative and effective teaching approaches to promote collaboration across the school.
- Enhance student resilience through education and participation in wellness support activities.
- Invest in implementing and enhancing telehealth training within curricula.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff in effective technology use.
Prepare students with skills, attitudes, and behaviors for professional practice.
- Provide mentoring to students to foster professional development.
- Support student, faculty, and staff involvement in interprofessional education experiences.
- Provide experiential learning for professional development.
Advance scholarly activities among faculty and students by providing an infrastructure and an environment that supports knowledge and practice through collaborative research in basic, applied, translational and implementation sciences.
Promote opportunities and support for scholarly activities and innovation.
- Cultivate development opportunities for applying for internal and external funding.
- Enhance professional development programs and other opportunities related to scholarly activities.
Increase engagement in scholarly activities and innovation.
- Expand participation and collaboration in scholarly activities, innovation, and commercialization.
- Increase the number and type of publications.
Promote dissemination of scholarly activities and innovation.
- Create and evaluate scholarship workload expectations for faculty tracks.
- Enhance internal and external collaborations and partnerships.
Service & Outreach
Service Strategic Goal
Promote health and wellness of communities through the provision of care utilizing innovative technologies and services.
Increase access to healthcare by including delivery of services through telehealth practices.
- Invest in telehealth equipment and training for relevant faculty and staff.
- Target underserved counties within our communities for new service delivery contracts/expansions.
- Create a repository of telehealth information related to the specific professions/departments within SHP.
Promote or engage in the Health Professions Practice Income Plan.
- Provide or support opportunities for faculty to obtain/pursue advanced training and certifications as applicable to meet specialty practice needs.
- Evaluate opportunities to participate in the Health Professions Practice Income Plan.
Outreach Strategic Goal
Impact the communities TTUHSC serves through community collaboration, connections, and outreach.
Increase the frequency and variety of programs offered to the communities we serve.
- Collaborate with the development office to increase funding for services (through donations and/or grants).
- Promote awareness of the SHP offerings through media and social networks.
- Expand offerings for interprofessional programs offered throughout our communities.
Foster a strong SHP community that exemplifies our values-based culture and contributes to team member well-being.
Nurture a sense of belonging and success of all SHP team members through the enhancement of personal and professional growth.
- Provide personal and professional development opportunities/training based on coaching plans and faculty appraisals.
- Incorporate our values-based culture into performance evaluations.
- Evaluate and revise satisfaction surveys to determine areas for improvement.
- Provide opportunities for well-being and self-care resources for team members.
- Recruit and retain a competent and exemplary workforce aligned with our values-based culture.
- Explore the creation of a formal mentoring programs.
Build and sustain an infrastructure that operates effectively and efficiently to meet the mission of the school and the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
Devise and maintain strategies to systematically strengthen long and short term fiscal stability.
- Review business processes to ensure flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Align the school’s internal budget process to distribute resources on the basis of strategic priorities.
- Conduct annual campus meetings to improve communication and enhance collaboration between campuses.
- Conduct annual budget hearings with departments to ensure effective and efficient allocation of financial resources.
- Develop an integrated planning process and annual program plans for renovations, projects, and space.
Support prospective and admitted students through various resources and interactions that lead to admission, retention, leadership and professional development.
- Implement plans to ensure student enrollment reaches or maintains a level that supports financial stability.
- Provide more comprehensive data to set enrollment targets and manage initiatives which lead to optimum recruitment, enrollment, retention, professional development and degree completion.
- Develop new academic programs consistent with the mission and goals of the school and university.
Support the school in meeting its strategic, operational, and educational objectives through the provision of appropriate technology solutions and services, as well as provide for a technology infrastructure that supports future growth.
- Allocate resources for training and development in technology.
- Invest in infrastructure and technology upgrades.
- Explore new and emerging technologies (e.g., hardware and software) that improve and enhance teaching, learning, and research innovation.