School of Health Professions Strategic Plan - 2020
The TTUHSC School of Health Professions will be a premiere school that uses innovation and collaboration across education, scholarship, and clinical care for West Texas communities and beyond.
The mission of the TTUHSC School of Health Professions is to enhance the quality of life of those we serve by delivering exemplary holistic student-centered education and cultivating research opportunities, while championing interprofessional and clinical care partnerships that are innovative and relevant to the communities we serve.
Provide high-impact innovative educational experiences to all students.
Promote and provide innovative and effective approaches to teaching and learning that are accessible to all students.
- Provide programs and faculty with guidance and access to cutting-edge resources in order to deliver all course content with universal design and accessibility.
- Develop mechanisms for innovative and effective teaching approaches to promote collaboration across the school.
- Explore and invest in ways to implement and enhance telehealth training within curricula.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff in effective technology use.
Enhance student resilience through participation in wellness support activities.
- Provide students information about available wellness resources on and off campus.
- Educate students regarding skills to enhance patient care and reduce burnout.
Prepare students to thrive professionally and personally in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- Develop diverse curricula for effective interprofessional collaboration in delivering patient centered care.
- Support student, faculty, and staff involvement in interprofessional education experiences.
- Provide mentoring opportunities for students that will help foster a progressive and productive learning environment.
- Support opportunities to enhance social and cultural facets of patient centered education.
Advance scholarly activities among faculty and students by providing an infrastructure and an environment which supports clinical knowledge and practice through collaborative research in basic, applied, and translational sciences.
Develop a sustainable infrastructure that optimizes resources and increases opportunities for scholarly activities among faculty and students.
- Cultivate opportunities to increase research and scholarly activities.
- Facilitate research and scholarly activity by developing a robust support system.
- Enhance collaborations and partnerships among system campuses and departments, as well as other universities, by facilitating the exchange of ideas.
Expand external funding opportunities and outcomes.
- Grow internal funding opportunities that produce preliminary data supporting external funding application success.
- Develop learning opportunities for acquiring external funding to include grants and alternative funding resources.
- Hire personnel who will guide faculty in research protocol development and IRB submission, mentor faculty in grant resource identification and proposal writing, and support statistical data management.
Support the TTUHSC institutional research office.
- Support SHP faculty involvement with the TTUHSC database system to increase collaborations.
- Create a sustainable research office system that can be adopted across other schools at TTUHSC.
- Grow initiatives and collaborations centered on innovation, commercialization, and entrepreneurship.
Service & Outreach
Promote health and wellness of communities through the provision of care utilizing innovative technologies and services.
Reduce disparities by increasing access to healthcare, including delivery of services through telehealth practices.
- Invest in telehealth equipment and training for relevant faculty and staff.
- Target underserved, and never-served, regions (counties) within our communities for new service delivery contracts/expansions.
- Create a repository of telehealth information related to the specific professions/departments within SHP.
Promote or engage in the Health Professions Practice Income Plan.
- Provide or support opportunities for faculty to obtain/pursue advanced training and certifications as applicable to meet specialty practice needs.
- Evaluate opportunities to participate in the Health Professions Practice Income Plan.
Outreach Strategic Goal
Impact the communities served by TTUHSC through community collaboration, connections, and outreach.
Increase the frequency and diversity of programs offered to the communities we serve.
- Collaborate with the development office to increase funding for services (through donations and/or grants).
- Promote awareness of the SHP offerings through media and social networks.
- Expand offerings for interprofessional programs offered throughout our communities.
Foster a diverse SHP community that exemplifies our values-based culture and wellness, and contributes to faculty and staff satisfaction.
Nurture growth, diversity, and success of all SHP team members through enhancement of personal and professional competencies.
- Provide personal and professional development opportunities/training based on coaching plans and faculty appraisals.
- Incorporate our values-based culture into performance evaluations.
- Evaluate satisfaction surveys to determine areas for improvement.
- Provide wellness development opportunities and resources for faculty and staff.
- Recruit and retain a competent and diverse workforce aligned with our values-based culture.
- Explore the creation of a formal mentoring program for faculty and staff.
Build and sustain an infrastructure that operates effectively and efficiently to meet the mission of the school and the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
Devise and maintain strategies to systematically strengthen long and short term fiscal stability.
- Review business processes to ensure flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Align the school’s internal budget process to distribute resources on the basis of strategic priorities.
- Conduct annual campus meetings to improve communication and enhance collaboration between campuses.
- Conduct annual budget hearings with departments to ensure effective and efficient allocation of financial resources.
- Develop an integrated planning process and annual program plans for renovations, projects, and space.
Support prospective and admitted students through a variety of resources and interactions that lead to admission, retention, leadership and professional development.
- Implement plans to ensure student enrollment reaches or maintains a level which supports financial stability.
- Provide more comprehensive data in order to set enrollment targets and manage initiatives which lead to optimum recruitment, enrollment, retention, professional development and degree completion.
- Develop new academic programs consistent with the mission and goals of the school and university.
Support the school in meeting its strategic, operational, and educational objectives through the provision of appropriate technology solutions and services, as well as provide for a technology infrastructure that supports future growth.
- Allocate resources for training and development in technology.
- Invest in infrastructure and technology upgrades.
- Explore new and emerging technologies (e.g., hardware and software) that improve and enhance innovation in teaching, learning, and research.