The PGY-IV year consists of rotations in the following areas:
- 2-3 months of Inpatient Psychiatry in a supervisory role as a junior attending (required)
- 9 months of Electives
ROTATION OBJECTIVES IN RELATION TO ACGME COMPETENCIES:
The PGY-IV resident is expected to consolidate the professional identity as a highly qualified specialist in psychiatry.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PGY-IV RESIDENT INCLUDE:
- Leadership role in teaching for medical students and junior colleagues in inpatient, outpatient, and didactic settings.
- Develop expertise in special areas of interest.
- Attend elective clinics as part of their intent to develop expertise in special areas of interest.
- Recognize and deal with one's own strengths and weaknesses in relation to different patient populations during the PGY-IV rotations, to include outpatient psychiatry, senior inpatient psychiatry, and elective rotation.
Each Tuesday all Residents will have Didactic training from 1:00 pm till 5:00 pm.
We're here to help. Contact us if you have questions.