The GSBS is utilizing a new calendar tool that contains events and administrative calendar reminders. The calendar can be found on this page.
2022 Outstanding Faculty of the Year
Congratulations to the 2022 TTUHSC Student Government Association GSBS Outstanding Faculty of the Year!
- Dr. Pablo Artigas, Biomedical Sciences
- Dr. Chinnadurai Mani, Biotechnology
- Dr. Gurvinder Kaur, Graduate Medical Education Sciences
- Dr. Laurence Wood, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dr. Duke Appiah, Public Health
Hello and welcome to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences! This is a formidable, yet exciting, time in your life as a scientist, and we are here to help you along your journey. As a graduate student, your knowledge, professionalism, and skills will bloom and flourish in a research environment that fosters creativity and discovery.
In the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, we are training the next generation of scientists and health-related professionals in a dynamic, diverse, and productive research environment. From researchers with international acclaim to experienced medical practitioners and renowned professors, you will learn from a premier and accomplished faculty. You will have access to a wide variety of health science research opportunities, state-of-the-art facilities, and student-run organizations. Here, we are searching for tomorrow's cures with today's medical biotechnology.
In the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, we are committed to treating one another with compassion and respect. We promote an environment that values diversity of people and ideas. Our goal is to make your graduate school experience rewarding, productive, and memorable.
Please feel free to reach out to me or any of our team members if you have any questions. We are here to help. Welcome to the GSBS Team!
Brandt Schneider, Ph.D.
Dean, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
To create a collaborative and innovative academic environment that inspires and lays the foundation for new generations of biomedical scientists to realize their potential, commit to success and make discoveries that have major impact on treatment of diseases worldwide.
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will be recognized nationally as a top-ranked health sciences university.
The Mission of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is to improve the health of people by providing educational opportunities for students and health care professionals, advancing knowledge through scholarship and research, and providing patient care and service.
In support of the institutional mission, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences strives to provide superior graduate education as well as leadership in increasing knowledge and understanding through scholarship and research. The mission of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences is to educate the next generation of scientists and health-related professionals in a dynamic and productive research environment that fosters creativity and discovery.
In order to accomplish the mission, the faculty and staff of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences are committed to:
- providing the larger academic community, as well as future employers, with graduates who are highly competent, independent, ethical researchers and teachers
- demonstrating in all pursuits honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and commitment to academic freedom
- ensuring that GSBS faculty, staff and students are supported in their efforts with state-of-the-art resources, facilities, and training opportunities
- serving as leaders in the community for the advancement of knowledge related to the basic biomedical and related health sciences
- ensuring an environment that values a diversity of people and ideas