GSBS Personal Computer Requirements
Recommended System Specifications
PC and MAC
|Processor||Intel Core i5 or Higher|
|Wireless Card||802.11AC 5GHz|
|Hard Drive||240GB+ Solid State Drive|
Microsoft Office 2019
- USB to Ethernet adapter is required for laptops without a built-in Ethernet port.
- Tablet devices (Such as iPads and Android based tablets) can be used to access some course content but will not substitute the need for a laptop. This does not apply to tablets running full versions of Windows 10, such as the Microsoft Surface devices.
- All students are required to have broadband Internet access for online learning content. (Cable, DSL, etc...)
- Dial-up and Mobile hot-spots provided by cellular providers are not recommended
- Internet Explorer is not recommended. Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, and updated versions of Microsoft Edge are stable alternatives
- Headphones may be required for certain class assignments
- Webcams are becoming increasingly useful, even if not fully required by the Graduate School. Most laptops will have sufficient built-in webcams but for desktop users the Logitech C615 would be an excellent choice.
- The TTUHSC now has license agreements with Box and Zoom. Both are fully compatible with Windows 10, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS operating systems.