Distance Learning and Clinical Education
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center offers a variety of programs for students interested in pursuing their education via distance learning.
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
School of Health Professions
- Post-Baccaleaureate Certificate in Clinical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science, Second Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Addiction Counseling
- Master of Science in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Doctor of Science in Physical Therapy
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Transitional
School of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, RN to BSN
- Accelerated Second Degree BSN
- Accelerated Veteran to BSN
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Post-Master's Certificates in Nursing
- Interprofessional Graduate Certificates
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice, BSN to DNP
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
State Authorization for Distance Education and Clinical Education
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) has been approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. California is currently the only state that is not a NC-SARA member. As a public institution, TTUHSC is exempt from state oversight in California and not required to register with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
Please see the SARA Policies and Standards document for details of specific authorized activities. Please note that TTUHSC is not authorized to conduct internships leading to professional licensure without direct coordination with the licensure board in that state. TTUHSC has implicit or explicit agreement to conduct 100% online learning activities to students in the indicated states. These agreements do not explicitly allow additional activities with a few exceptions such as a limited number of legislative internships in Washington, D.C. NC-SARA also does NOT include approval by State Boards – such as Board of Nursing, Physical Therapy, etc.
For TTUHSC School of Health Professions (SHP) and School of Nursing (SON) Licensing Boards, click here.