If you have been admitted to TTUHSC and are outside the US or if you are a current student at TTUHSC and your visa has expired, you need to get a new visa from a U.S. consulate or embassy when you travel. You can't apply for a new visa inside the U.S. Please note that current students only need a visa for travel. Expired visas are not a problem unless you need to travel outside the US and will re-enter. Learn about the complete list of documents you need to compile for your new visa application at the U.S. government web site where you will apply. Visit www.ustraveldocs.com. This site provides links to embassy and consulates around the world.
At the bottom of this page, you will find additional information regarding the issuance of your TTUHSC I-20.
Items for your visa application include the following
- An unexpired passport valid at least six months into the future.
- Proof of financial support as reflected on the I-20 or DS-2019. This may include personal or family bank statements, affidavits of support, or copies of your fellowship or scholarship letter.
- Documents to show that you were admitted to TTU (admissions letter). Only for those who are applying for their first visa as a TTU student.
- A valid I-20 or DS-2019 (signed for travel, if you are a continuing student applying for a new visa)
- A copy of your academic transcripts (official or unofficial). This is only for continuing students at TTU or those who attended other schools in the US prior to beginning at TTU.
Getting a re-entry travel signature on your I-20 or DS2019
Travel to Mexico, Canada and adjacent islands (the Caribbean)
Admission Processes and Your I-20
In addition to the items listed above, International Student Services will also require the following documentation to process your I-20:
Checklist of I-20 documents for admissions processes
- Copy of Passport Biographical Page with Photo
- Financial Affidavit:If the bank statement(s) are not under your own name
- eShip Global account: If your I-20 is going outside of the U.S.
In addition to the documents listed above, transfer students must also submit:
- Copy of current visa
- Copy of I-94
Receiving I-20 documents:
(Please contact your International Student Counselor before signing up for eShip)
To receive your I-20 documents, we offer regular airmail and eShipGlobal as shipping options. eShip is required for all I-20s sent outside of the United States as regular airmail is unreliable and takes many months. If you want your I-20 shipped somewhere within the United States, we will do so via USPS at no expense. EShipGlobal is an online service that allows you to easily pay for express mail delivery with your credit card. You enter the address yourself to ensure your I-20s are delivered to the correct location. Do not request delivery through DHL.
To pay for express delivery through eshipGlobal, follow these instructions:
- Go to their website https://study.eshipglobal.com and click on "Sign up" to create your account.
- Enter the required information and click "Register".
- An activation email is generated and sent to the email address you provided. Click on the link to activate your account. A new internet browser will temporarily open and activate your account.
- You will receive another email indicating that your activation was successful. You can now log into the eShipGlobal website at https://study.eshipglobal.com/ and create a shipment label.
- To create a shipment label, go to eShipGlobal, enter your email address and password, and click" Login".
- You will see your welcome page. Click on "Receive a Package from Universities".
- Choose Texas either from the drop-down menu or the map. You can also type "Texas Tech University" in the University Search box.
- Scroll down and choose "Texas Tech University" and click "Continue".
- Then choose "OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS" and click "Continue". Do NOT choose any other option.
- Your label information will be show that it is being sent from the Texas Tech Office of International Affairs.
- Your profile information should populate in the shipping fields. Make any necessary changes or corrections, and click "Ship/Quote".
- Enter your payment information and click "Submit". You will receive a confirmation from eShipGlobal when your transaction has been approved. An email will be sent to the Office ofInternational Affairs notifying us of your order.
Don't forget that you are required to check in with your International Student Counselor after you arrive on campus in order to maintain your immigration status.