F1 Student Travel | Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
TTUHSC students walking through Lubbock campus courtyard.

Going home for the summer or planning a trip for spring break? New to TTUHSC and wanting to learn about applying for your first F-1 visa? On this page, you'll find links to information about entering the U.S. in F-1 status. We want your travels to be as safe and trouble-free as possible.

Basic Processes

Getting a Re-entry Travel Signature on your I-20 or DS2019

In order to re-enter the US as a current F-1 student, you will need to get a travel signature on your I-20/DS-2019 form. You do not need an appointment for this unless you would like to discuss other matters with your counselor. You just need to email your counselor and they can send you an electronic I-20 with a travel signature via email. Your counselor's travel signature is valid for 1 year from the date of their signature.

How to Get a New Visa

When your visa has expired or when you are entering the US for the first time, you will need to visit a US Embassy or Consular office to get a visa entry stamp in your passport.

How to get a new Visa.

Special Processes

Travel to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean

Things that you need to know about traveling to Mexico Canada and adjacent islands. You can travel with an expired visa, under particular circumstances. To view details, go to our Mexico and Canada travel page.

Inviting Friends and Family

For information about inviting friends and family that would like to visit you in the US (excluding immediate family members such as children and spouse), please read the following page on:

Information about inviting friends and family