Outside Rotator Criteria | Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
House Staff Policies and Procedures


The following items will need to be submitted to residency program coordinator before you will be considered for an elective rotation:

  • Rotator Elective Application
  • Sports Medicine Fellowship requires additional documentation. See here.
  • Current Curriculum Vitae
  • Notarized or certified copy of medical school diploma
  • Final medical school transcripts (Notarized or certified)
  • House Staff Guidelines Acknowledgment - Coordinator will obtain when you arrive
  • ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
  • Texas Medical Board Licensure/Permit & Certification - Rotator Permit/Current
  • Texas PIT (Physician in Training)/Texas license, DEA certificate
  • Malpractice form - If outside TTUHSC, provide coversheet from your institution. If outside country, you will be required to obtain your own malpractice insurance.
  • Signed PLA (Program Letter of Agreement) - Coordinator will initiate once approval has been obtained from program director

Steps to admitting residents from programs outside of Texas Tech University HSC to rotate through TTUHSC residency programs:

  • Contact program you wish to rotate with to check on potential dates.
  • Download application or ask program coordinator to email or mail.
  • Complete application and return to program coordinator along with any additional needed documentation.

Final decision remains with the Program Director though the Office of Graduate Medical Education will verify the applicant's competency.

Please note: Rotation will not begin until all documentation has been received.



We are here to help. Please feel free to call or email.

Graduate Medical Education
P: 806.743.2978
F: 806.743.1599

Email Us!