Each applicant must be a graduate of a medical school that is approved by the Texas Medical Board or a medical school whose curriculum is accepted as equivalent to that of A Texas medical school by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. A graduate of the latter must:
- Be eligible for employment at TTUHSC.
- Process a criminal background check:
HSC OP 10.20 - Criminal Background Checks for Students, Trainees and Residents
Attachment A - Notice to Students/Trainees and Residents
Attachment C - Consent for Release of Information - Hold Harmless Agreement for Residents/Fellows
TTUHSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age or veteran status in admission, employment, access to, or treatment in its programs or activities.
Residents are assigned at a Post Graduate Year (PGY) level to assure that by the end of residency training, a resident who has successfully completed the program requirements and meets national board certification requirements without additional training.
- Biographic Data Form
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form with Instructions (must be completed by the 3rd day of employment)
- W-4 (Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate)
- Voluntary Self-Identification of a Disability
The following document has been added to the list of acceptable documents:
Form I-766, Employment Authorization Document (List A#10).
The following documents have been removed from the list of acceptable documents for the I-9:
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (List #2).
- Certificate of Naturalization (List A#3).Unexpired Reentry Permit (List A#8).
- Unexpired Refugee Travel Document (List A#9).
- Form I-151 (List A#5)
(However, Form I-551 remains an acceptable document.)